Pc Gaming

That isnt true in the slightest.

LOL

Yup welcome to pc gaming where now you can do things with your own style and grace but you will now have to pay more attention to your controls and set them up for truely awesome game play. Monkey punching buttons days are over.

I have a keyboard from 8 years ago.

I have a 50$ mouse.

My monitor only goes to 75Hz, most of the time it defaults to 60hz.

However, I kick ass at most shooters. I mean I destroy. So do my friends. Whenever we are on a team we destroy our opponents.

BUT, IT TOOK MY FRIENDS AND I ALMOST 5+ YEARS TO GET THAT GOOD. I remember my first days playing Halo CE, and just getting destroyed. It wasn't fun, but eventually you get better. It isn't always about the hardware.

My friends are playing with $10 keyboards and $20 mouse. Both only have monitors that go up to 60Hz.

it is

Sawyer stop arguing with people. That is all you ever do. You never take anything seriously while someone suggests something. 

Surely you can find a server in whatever game you're playing where the level of competition is down. There are a number of servers dedicated to beginners in most games. You don't need to get the absolute best in hardware just to be competitive either. I use an old Logitech G5 mouse, a generic keyboard, and 60 Hz televison for a monitor. I wouldn't say I'm great in online fps but I'm usually a little above average. I typically prefer the rpg/single player experience. 

I remember when I switch from console to PC ~6 years ago the biggest adjustment for me was the speed of the multiplayer. You don't have near as long to line someone up in your sights before they kill you and so on. As far as a controller requiring more skill, I'm going to call bull shit (pardon my Swahili). If you want to compete with mouse and keyboard players with a controller, yes it takes more skill. But on a console you're playing against other controllers, so you don't have to be as accurate/quick with aiming as you do on a PC. It evens out in the end.

In college some of my friends and I loaded up Halo 2 on our PCs so we could have some LAN fun. A couple of them were very good at the console version and wanted to play with a controller. Needless to say they got absolutely slaughtered by everyone using a mouse.

Lastly, OF COURSE it's going to take time to get used to new controls if you're coming over from consoles. Did you think moving to a new platform was going to make your stats magically improve without practice? You said in a previous post that with a controller the best person is the one with the most practice. I agree (to an extent), but this is also true with a mouse (to the same extent).

Hes going to argue/complain no matter what responces are given. It's what he does.

I'm still not completely sold on keyboard + mouse being superior to a controller (yes I said it!)

I can see where a mouse may be superior to an analog stick in an FPS but W,A,S,D for movement over an analog stick? Ehhhh

I've tried both in BF3 and Crysis 3 and was equally as terrible

That the beauty of Pc gaming.. If you don't like playing with mouse and keyboard, all you have to do is get and old xbox/ps controller and download the software you need.

While everyone else takes everything completely serious 

I agree that an analog stick is superior to W,A,S,D. In an fps though, you don't need a whole lot of precision with movement like you do with aiming. Now with other genres this becomes important. So I tend to use my xbox 360 controller when playing games like Grid/Assassin's Creed/ Arkham City. 

For me, I choose my input device with the following logic. It may not be true for everyone, but it is for me.

FPS: Precise aiming is more important than precise movement. Mouse >> Controller so I pick KB&M

Racing: Movement is everything, you aren't aiming your car. Joy Stick > WASD so I pick controller.

Free Runners (AC/Arkham Asylum etc..): Movement is very important and I don't find myself really needing precision aiming too often, so I pick controller.

RTS: Need I say anything? KB&M

I used to be a big console gamer for 8 or 9 years, then in the middle of high school I switched to PC. That was about 6 or 7 years ago. I still play my console occasionally and certainly see their appeal. But I'd say I'm proficient with both input devices. Relatively speaking I'm probably better with the controller playing against other controller users than I am with a mouse going against other PC gamers. Anyway, the point of this soliloquy was to establish that I don't prefer one because I'm bad with the other. 

I certainly understand that some people will prefer a controller in fps in single player. But I doubt with any amount of practice you could be very competative in online play in an fps with a controller on PC. 

It takes more skill to master a controller than a mouse and keyboard

I think crazymobster summed it up perfectly.

As I came from console gaming I'm really at home with controllers but I only really use them with 3rd person games, racing games or platformers. If I want to get really serious with my racing games I even have a wheel I can plug in. For FPS, RTS then KB&M take priority.

It's all about using the right tool for the job and with PC you get the whole tool kit unlike consoles where you're stuck with just a few common options.

For some reason your posts always make me cringe ._. i'm not sure what we are supposed to help you with here either i can't seem to read a question out of this.

If it's that much trouble. Leave.

I know people who kick my ass in shooters on PC, gaming with a $15 wireless mouse.... and I'm not really bad, maybe a bit below average, but not too bad - I use a  Steelseries sensei raw btw.

The amount of skill for either a controller or mouse/keyboard is irrelevant; it's how you personally use them that matters. I can't stand to use a controller; mouse/keyboard just come naturally to me. It's much more of a personal preference than anything, in my opinion.

not when the game automagically gives controller users aim-assist*cough*XBone*/cough*

if their is aim assist , than it is for controller and mouse 

It's awesome how everyone says join the pc master race, then if you point out a flaw the main response is:

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT LEAVE DUUU 

also I will never trust a laser mouse