Just bought a laptop that has a GT 710M in it with a mobile i5 3rd Gen. What are the best games I can run on this/should try. I know Im not gonna run BF4 on this but I am thinking it should run most indie titles and seeing as I have an XB1 (Yes a Console, I just said that on a PC gaming forum but yes I own one)so I play the big titles on that or my 360, so more PC exclusives.
Alpha Centauri: old but amazing and highly addictive.
System Shock: a FPS with tons of tension.
Half life 2: The FPS that set the standard for the genre
Faster than Light: a space rouge-like that allows you to build you own narrative
Minecraft: Its a totally better experience on PC.
Tale Tail's Walking Dead: A zombie game unlike anything you have played.
Broken Age: just came out I have been loving it.
Starcraft 2: It a way of life in Korea!
You should be able to play any game on that gt710m. Albeit, with reduced graphics in demanding titles. You might prefer those games on console.
- Shadow Warrior (Classic and Reboot)
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution
- The Witcher
what Kat said
I'm playing Shadow Warrior (Reboot) and enjoying it a bunch. But you might want to turn up the difficulty since you can heal yourself and dash away from most enemies,
I play Minecraft on my PC albeit at 20 FPS on low settings and I agree, what GTX would you say this is equal to?
I'm not sure what you are into, but when it comes to games I'd play on low settings:
- Online multiplayer, competitive (fps):
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (or 1.6) (solid)
- Quake 3 CPMA, or just Quake Live (free to play)
- Warsow, Xonotic, Urban Terror (all free)
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (best)
- Unreal Tournament 2004 (solid)
- Online multiplayer, competitive (a-rts and rts):
- Defense of the Ancients 2 (free to play)
- StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm (solid, lots to learn)
- Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos (solid, lots to learn)
- Quick mp good / dieing games
- Trine 2 (beautiful)
- Teeworlds (free, opensource)
- Legions Overdrive (free)
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast
- Tribes (1, 2, vengeance, ascend) (free)
- Grand Theft Auto 2
- The Stanley Parable (great quick experience)
- Soldier of Fortune 2
- Quake 4, quake 2
Keep in mind that these are mostly, hardcore online multiplayer games.
Try such games as:
- Sacred franchise- not resource demanding;
- Warface - quite fun shooter with cryengine;
- Skyrim - why not?
- Gmod - because you can;
- Half life franchise - nostalgic maybe?
Emulate some NES/SNES if you like!
I've been playing through Max Payne 3 and recommending it to EVERYONE.
what is better, quake 3 cpma or quake live?
Get an SNES emulator and go play Chrono Trigger with a ps3 controller.
The original max paynes (1 and 2) are great too. I'd say quake 3 cpma physics are better btw. id software has been doing a terrible job with quake live's platform. But the game itself is okay I suppose. It's a bit more vanilla. It can be played more passively with the best results. Instead of ongoing quick movement in CMPA.
In case you didn't know btw; https://www.facebook.com/playreflex
A new game based on q3cpma physics, build from scratch. Previews look quite promising.
I've recently been playing a game called KickBeat. It was on sale on Steam the other day for like 7 bucks and I've put about ten hours into it. As far as the game play actually goes think guitar hero but with kung fu. You fight your enemies to the beat of a song and the rhythm of the song determines when and how the enemies attack. Overall just a really good time killer with an awesome soundtrack!
PS Forgot to mention you can also add your own music from your hard drive and it will integrate it into the game