PC Gamer who wants to play Forza - Some questions

Which Forza should i get to start off? I love Gran Turismo on all PlayStation consoles. But i've since moved on. GT is going nowhere. And the PlayStation brand is dead. I have no use for it. Forza seems like a far more in-depth game for people who actually LIKE CARS and KNOW cars.

Also. Does Forza allow for custom soundtracks, especially in the menu? Like Gran Turismo 5/6 if anyone's played it.

1 Like

@SoulFallen
Forza player get in here lol

I like the Forza Horizon series because it's free roam and there is 100s of cars, but it's not very in depth tbh and i haven't played the normal forzas... i'm not the guy to ask.

You are like the only other person here who has played any forza sooo
Afiak anyway

Not very in-depth. GT was considered in-depth. And Forza has a lot more tuning options than GT. Did they take several steps back and remove them or something? The hell?

the horizon series is pretty dumbed down compared to the normal forzas. it's more 'casual player' focused. I wish it was more in depth but i can't stand playing racing games unless if they are free roam.
There is a lot of adjustments you can make to the car though so there is that.

To elaborate, you can adjust the suspension, differential, and transmission and sometimes aerodynamic... theres no engine tuning or anything like that though. I mean i guess there is 'depth' but i feel like there is more to be desired, mostly in the part selection department.

Hmm... wonder when/if they'll combine the Freeroam of Horizon with the other stuff. Damn... that's unfortunate. I didnt know it was like that.

TBH i'm probably just being too hard on it, its worth at least looking into.

I'm just aching for the ultimate car game. i want the depth. But i also want fun gameplay. GT never matured into anything further than racing on a track mindlessly. Which is part of the reason why it went nowhere.

My custom soundtracks for the menus were also nasty as hell, if i don't say so myself.

:D

I'm still living off the hype of need for speed pro street. Other than dirt 3 and forza horizon that's the only racing game I really loved and played a lot online.

Are you looking for more of a driving/simulation experience or tuning?

There's Forza Horizon 1-3 and Forza 1-6. Horizon is free roam and events whilst Forza regular is just "simulation" but I think you're better off with just getting Assetto Corsa/Project cars for a better version imo. I love Forza Horizon 3 tho, amazing, but if you're into open world and reasonably realistic driving mechanics.

1 Like

Well that's unfortunate. They should just combine the two. Gran Turismo is dead, and just a hype machine. I no longer care for it because that's all they feed off of. Their brand. Nothing more. The game itself is a joke that's gone nowhere.
Forza really seems like a game for people who like cars. The detail in tuning looks fantastic. And there's an overall sense of prestige and pedigree. Like the comments about every car, and the way you can examine every feature.

Project cars looked really ambitious at first, but seems kind of arcade-like. Or at least... um.. idk, incomplete? I know there's something that was a big let-down.

I really want the ultimate car game... But no one has made it yet, it seems.

Forza 1 was really good. Until Forza 4 came along, it was the best.
I hated Forza Horizon.

I never bought a XBONE but I heard Forza 5 was meh. Never really heard much about 6.