PC bulid for music production?

Sup boys, new guy here. The situation is as follows.

A friend of mine who is kinda big into music composition asked me if it was possible for me to help him out build a PC focused on music production and recording, he is into drum&bass and other electronic music (thankfully not wubstep) and wants to learn how to produce music on a computer. He is pretty decent in piano and guitar composition so I guess that after learning the basics on PC he should be able to make the music he wants.

Thing is I have never built that kind of PC and I have no idea what are the things to look for the most to building one, I have some experience building PC but it was mostly cheap builds or gaming PCs but I was wondering if any of you guys could point me in the right direction to get this PC together.

Thanks in advance.

There's really nothing special about building a music editing rig (I suppose), just add a nice soundcard there.

Here's some help. And here are the specs of some music production PC producers, maby gives a clue what you might be looking for.

There's really nothing special about building a music editing rig (I suppose), just add a nice soundcard there.

i could so rage at that comment, but i wont. the first link is handy but it only cover's the baisics and not all of em but i supose that's the point, other than the basics mentioned above, a big factor is what you are hooking up to the pc to make the music with and what software you are using too, that is what will dictate some of the most important hardware that  you actually put in the pc.

Find out which software he would like to use and check out its requirements. Then make sure the rig is better than what is needed by a decent margin for future-proofing.