Patreon names at the end of each videos

@wendell @kreestuh @ryan
Have you guys thought about putting names of people who subscribed on Patreon at the end of each videos(or technews segment)? I think it would give even more incentive to subscribe.

1 Like
1 Like

Sounds like to much work for them to have to maintain a list per individual video…
Then how will you handle when someone joins middle video production… half name/name with asterick??

I’d rather they focus their attention on content.

IMO

9 Likes

That’s true. Although maybe that can get some sort of script going or maybe something else going that will help them out with that task.

Patreon has a way to export names in csv format.

quick google showed this.

1 Like

So do you generate the list when a video begins filming , after filming, or during editing?

Just do it once a week or twice a week before even making the video. It doesn’t have to be super real time.

I get the idea. I’ve seen it here and there around youtube. But I think this will breed a new problem - people complaining about not seeing their names at end of videos.

2 Likes

How about those of us that don’t need (or want) our names on YouTube?

4 Likes

ENGAGEMENT

Not a bad idea though, lot of other channels do it.

1 Like

Maybe there’s an opt-out form? It’s not hard to use sed to remove names from a csv.

sed '/Steinwerks/d' ./patrons.csv
2 Likes

Patrons do get a blue check on their forum avatar, email addresses have to be the same if not the team can manually add it.

The names at the end credits do nothing for me personally.

1 Like

I’ve never understood why people would want their names on the end of a video. Isn’t supporting the creator what it’s about, not getting attention for yourself?

i guess the way society is now, it makes sense.

They want recognition for their good deed. I can understand it, but I don’t really care for it myself.

1 Like

It’s like the advertisers that advertise for PBS shows. Except they get their recognition before the show starts.

Ehh, not exactly. They’re paying for a service. Here, we’re only donating.

3 Likes

Not necessarily a bad idea…

I do wonder if we would HAVE to watch that in order for YouTube to count us as a full “view” though…

I think it’s more like the list of patrons on the back of a playbill. In that case, I believe all donors are listed but some are anonymous.

2 things. I would probably do this for like a $20+ reward so its not completely insane with 1400+ patreons. The second would be instead of having it at the end of the video. Just have a list in the description since that would be simple enough todo because of copy/paste

6 Likes