Patreon Killing it Self off With its Decision to De-Platform Those They Don't Like?

they should of got it over with and named it Co-vfefe.

/s

Online is real life.

What lie specifically? At worst their terms were not entirely clear.

That’s why we have aliases and GDPR. It’s why we have anonymous speech - because speech is not consequence free. It can’t be.

Neither will help you. Behaviour analysis does not take much datapoints to reach 0.95 confidence.

The transcript is available for everyone to read, along with their conflicting video interviews.

2 Likes

What are you talking about? Your response to MazeFrame proves my point as to why it isn’t. Anonymous speech means some crazed mental people are going to use it for the wrong things and attack people and talk the trash they would never talk IRL.

3 Likes

And yet you can’t even state specifically what part you think is a lie.

No-one is falling for this.

Really?

There’s over 200 posts where its been discussed just on this forum, and you want me to go round in a circle back to the start just for you because you don’t want to do the work yourself and read a little?

5 Likes

Sorry to revive this but I have hit a thought from a Youtuber that offers a different perspective.

For those that the time stamped link don’t work for, Head to 7 minutes.

The long and short of it is, Fuck that guy that has caused this shitstorm. Because of this voice raising and anger inducing, many good people that relied on the people donating to many channels and then leaving because of one persons kicking off have had their revenue stream dry up.

The actions of one and the kneejerk of many have screwed a lot of good people.

1 Like

So, you’re blaming someone else for what patreon did?

Nah, fuck patreon. They shouldn’t be playing by hidden rules, and if that’s what they want to do others are free to leave their platform, which many have.

Perhaps this guy should also leave and go elsewhere where the rules and terms are clear and upheld.

4 Likes

Oh I am not putting forward that he is right or wrong just that is has not been brought up much that I have seen.

Though I do agree with him on the point that no natter what platform you are on this same situation happens, very few places ever give you a reason for why they have removed you.

1 Like