Patch NPT on Ryzen for Better Performance | Level One Techs

Hi all,

I started yesterday a larger benchmark session with a wide varity of DX11, DX9c, DX12 and on Vulkan API Games. I want to compair NPT=1 vs NPT=0 vs Native Windows 10 performance and post my resultes (probably in a new Thread…). I hope some one find it usefull or “entertaining” :wink:
Here the list of Games/Benchmarks that i wanne to use (i.g. started to use):

Benchmarks

  • Unigine Vally (DX11)
  • Unigine Heaven (DX11)
  • Unigine Superposition (DX11)
  • Resident Evil 6 Bechmark Tool (DX9c)
  • Resident Evil 5 Benchmark 1 (DX9c)
  • Resident Evil 5 Benchmark 2 (DX9c)
  • Tomb Raider
  • Rise of Tomb Raider (DX12)
  • Steam VR Performance Test
  • Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation (DX12 and Vulkan)

Now I will not use my RX 560 card for the Passthrough, instead I pass my XFX R9 280x thru my VM. On earlier tests I noticed around 30% performance loss compaired to native use. My RX 560 “only” lost around 10% Performance with the buggy Nested Page Tables (what was quite intresting).

I think I can post the NPT=1 numbers this evening (German Time)…

Viele Grüße
Marf :slight_smile:

Edit 2017-11-03:
As promised, I created just yet a new Thread where I will post my benchmark numbers. Please understand… WIP … :wink:
You will find the thread here: GPU Passthrough Performance Numbers: Ryzen NPT Patch vs Buggy NPT vs Native Windows

2 Likes