Parts sugestions/check

Hello TEK.

I just discovered that my rig is turning 6 this year. And looking to build a new one

Current specs are

• Motherboard: Asus P6T SE
  • CPU: i7 920
  • Memory: 12GB (6x2GB)
  • Graphics: HD7870
  • PSU: 610W
  • SSD: 250GB
  • HDD: 3x2tb, 2x1tb, 3x500gb
  • Case: Fratal design define XL
  • Cooling: Water (CPU & GPU) No OC, memory doesnt like it.
  • Weight: Way to much around 30KG i think

The problem with this rig is that is obvious heavy and large and a bit noisy, defiantly not handy carrying it to LAN-parties. My goal is to build a small and quite pc.

I don't game a lot so i will take the graphics card to the new rig, as its still good enough. Also all the drives don't have to fit in the case, those 500gb HDD's are getting old. And also got a 12TB freenas box running.

So this is what is was thinking about.

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/XcHmRB (living in The Netherlands but German link works for Euro)

• Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97MX- Gaming 5
  • CPU: i5-4690K
  • Memory: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB (2 x 4GB)
  • Graphics HD7870 (From current rig)
  • PSU: SeaSonic G550
  • SDD: From current rig
  • HDD: From current rig
  • Case: Fractal design mini
  • Cooling: Noctua NH-U12S

I want to go for air cooling. Though I've run watercooling since 2007 I want to get back to air. Do you guys have a good suggestion for an good and quite cooler that fits this setup?

Or other suggestions on parts that are better or if I missed something. I guess my budget is around 600€-800€. Perhiprials i already have so its system only.

Edits:
  changed PSU, added cpu cooler, changed ram

The Noctua NH-U12S should be a very good cooler.

You dont need a 650 watt power supply just get a 500 watt model.

The rest of the build looks good.

What 7870 do you have?

Does it fit in the case?

Even changing as much as you are since gaming is your memory should still be more than adequate and both boards are ddr3, that being said I know the higher model 7*** series are fairly well regarded but the money could be used to maybe update your graphics.  And if you could consolidate some of your drives that would be great too but just a thought. Does make me wonder how much my rig weighs now though. . . 

The Noctua NH-U12S looks pretty good, ill take that one.

Ah, good question. Its an Asus HD7870 DirectCU2 (ASUS HD7870-DC2-2GD5). According to one review its just shy over 260mm. And the specs of the case list "Supports graphic cards with lengths up to ca 260mm when removable HDD-bay is in place". So its a guess if its gonna fit. Any other good cases similar to the define mini?

The memory if have now is tripple channel, the i5 is only dual channel IIRC.

You would take abit of a hit but you can run two dimms for a total of 8gb dual channel or the full 12 and(someone correct me if im wrong) all 12 of it but it will be considered single channel.

I'd go all the way on the air cooler, its one of those parts you can keep for future build.

I'd take an ATX case if going OC, so I can fit a fit Motherboard

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/RTvyZL

Just a recommendation , but PCPARTPICKER eu is quite bad , it has a very small amount of sites .

I can personally recommend , for the lower prices and service , caseking.de and mindfactory.de .

Otherwise get a local store .

In terms of pieces , get 8GB ram and spend the rest on something else , or reuse some of your current ram .