Part2: Buying Used Computers -- Auctions, Surplus and Recycling Centers | Level One Techs

@CUDAcores.89 Thanks for the info. I'll have to see if the same applies where I'm at.

I'm seeing a problem in California where people are having E-waste events to recycle old tech. Good idea in concept, but people don't know what's usable, so it's all just tossed into the "worth its weight in aluminum" pile without vetting. I volunteered at my local one the other week and I saw plenty of those dell second gen i5 systems being trashed. I couldn't save any because of "data integrity" rules, but I was able to save a Smart-UPS 1500 that was about 3 years old and just needed a new battery.

It's such a shame that all this kit is being dissolved to get at the valuable chemical composition of it when people can still use it for better purposes in its current form. :/

1 Like

I live in Breathitt county and the only place I have found for auctions is at LKLP in Perry county.

1 Like

Hmm... I may have to look into that

hey Wendell long time fan just out of interest where did you get your computer degree at? I went to TTU for one year got my butt handed to me and gave up. I ended up A.S. technical vol tech collage. I have a lot of respect for the straight shooter you are yes keep up the great work. I wanted to say thank you for all you do. I seltted for an AS E.E.T. and I was thinking bout going back to school for a computer since degree. I am so sick of my job! I was an ET for AT&T worked on all the latest service 10GBE 100GBE and now collections dept what the hell happened! The company is so focus on making money they screwed all the working Joe's who are tring to make a living. Yes I do not like what the company has became. I missed the old Bellsouth It was not perfect but it did care about its customers unlike the gaint it has be\come.

Any one found a really nice place to dig for computer/server parts, I see that this post has gone dark I would like to see it come back.

@wendell Why is this video not available any more?