Other good Death Metal bands?

Been starting to listen to some death metal and it's various sub-genres (tech death, progressive, etc.) recently. I've started listening to Rivers of Nihil's new album "Monarchy", Black Crown Initiate's "The Wreckage of the Stars" and some Gojira and it's all music goodness. What other death metal bands like these would be recommended? Thanks.

Behemoth... Oh god Behemoth... So good...
Hypocrisy are nice... The first two albums are pure death, then the next few are not pure death, but that's their charm... The recent few albums are not great, but still...
I like Marduk as well...
Bloodbath are nice. They have 3 albums I believe, but still... The first one, is their best IMO...
More of a black metal guy really, but those are the Death metal bands I like to listen to...
But try Behemoth... Pandemic Incantations, Satanica, the last one, I can't remember the name of... I love them soooo much....

2 Likes

Will do, cheers!

Here's a few of my personal favorites.

Bloodbath - The Ascension

Behemoth - Blow Your Trumpets, Gabriel

Swordmaster - Deathspawn of the Eibound
[This band is disbanded, the vocalist went on to form Industrial Metal Band "Deathstars".

Six Feet Under - Ghosts of the Undead

God Dethroned - Poison Fog

And for the Classics

King Diamond - The Invisible Guests
yes i know they are old school heavy metal sue, me but they were King Diamond were the earliest to use the death growl

Revocation

Mandatory

Meshuggah
Death metal
Pick one.

But as far as recommendations go, I have a mix of techdeath, melodeath, progdeath, and brutal death.
Be'lakor, Bloodbath, Decrepit Birth, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Gorgasm, Hour of Penance, Hypocrisy, Ihsahn, Insomnium, Ne Obliviscaris, Necrophagist, Obscura, Omnium Gatherum, Opeth, Rotting Christ, Septicflesh, Sepultura, The Faceless, Wintersun. There are others, but screw it.

1 Like

Here's moar

(this is pre death metal)

This band does a mix of Death Metal and Black Metal

https://forum.teksyndicate.com/t/some-good-power-metal-or-speed-metal-bands/7779
Might be something to look at

infant annihilator https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLZM1Lp_AdY

They identify as a technical death metal band.

Well, they aren't. They are djent.

Are you sure it is not super vegan ultra metal, or binary code metal? Djent is not a genre, it is a certain guitar sound. The genre name Djent is as meaningless as if the Neurofunk community started to call their music "Reese" because a lot of people use Reese basses as a foundation for their bass lines.

They don't sound like techdeath. Simple as that.

Yeah it is probably hippie bong meta math core metal or some other sub genre we made up on the spot when a band doesn't conform to the fascist cookie cutter formula of their own scene and start to introduce a new element. E.g a new muted guitar sound.

I have no idea why you are being hostile like this. And for the record, it is metal archives which said that they are Djent. I went with their call on this on because as I said earlier, it isn't techdeath, but I don't know what I would call it. Apparently Djent is the right answer according to metal archives. You have a problem with that, then take it up with them.
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Meshuggah/21

1 Like

I'm not being hostile. Just pointing out the ridiculousness of all these fad subgenre names people throw around. apparently including metal-archives. I merely pointed out what I have seen the band call itself. With one variation, sometimes they refer to it as extreme metal, which is more of an umbrella term.

Meanwhile, I am just saying that they don't sound like any techdeath band I've ever heard. Listen to the Faceless, Fleshgod Apocalypse, and Hour of Penance, and then tell me that Meshuggah sound be in the same genre as them. They don't fit with them because Meshuggah isn't techdeath. They can call themselves folk rap for all I care. It doesn't make it true.

1 Like

More or less classical death ;)

Necrophagist, Morbid Angel (old), Assesino, Dark Lunacy, Devian, Dismember, Dying Fetus, Gorefest, Hate Eternal, Kataklysm, Krisiun, Lividity, Malevolent Creation, Monstrosity, Nile, Possessed, Severed Savior, Spastic Ink, Suffocation, Unleashed, Vader, Vital Remains, Vomitory...