Otaku's top 10 must watch anime

I was about to say the same thing...

Fillers suck indeed, but seen away from those it rocks. The Semifiller going on right now is kinda good.

Your list needs some Yu Yu Hakusho.

Holy crap i have been trying to remember then name of that one for a while. XD

I really like this one: S-Cry-ed

I really like this one: S-Cry-ed

A nice classic.

A nice classic

where's dragonball z?
anyway im not a big fan of anime but i will see if i can check out some of them.

Where's Cowboy Bebop?

looooool

speaking of fillers.

Sorry but I don't believe you can actually tell me one person who watched Haruhi and doesn't mention the dance in a disscussion about that over rated piece of sh*t. And 2 out of 300+? Sorry I think you meant you only watched 2 out of 300+ XD. Anyway I think a 300+ episode anime is going to be slightly better than a 13 episode anime (I think it's 13). Oh and out of the 300+ episodes there have been many good episodes. And let's be honest here but Haruhi? That whole anime is like one big f*cking filler. And I am an anime fan not an Otaku.

ladies and gents, lets stop arguing and just agree that Monster owns everything... hard.

Yet you don't deny anything I said about that over rated piece of garbage that people call an anime, lol guess you are no longer in denial, good for you. And yes it is really crappily animated but when there is a fight it isn't and the non filler fights are the best fights in any anime, except for that of Afro Samurai. So now that we know which anime is better we can stop discussing it. Naruto is declared the winner.

Naruto is declared the winner.

Leave this forum and never come back.

Even I thought the whole Haruhi fad was a joke. I didn't even watch the anime and I --

Naruto is declared the winner.

Leave this forum and never come back.

I don't know why people bash Naruto to be honest, Haruhi was an okay anime but it is extremley over rated, on the other hand Naruto isn't over rated... Yes I will now explain you see E=M... Joke but the reason it's not over rated is because it has alot of fans but people see that as over rated but an anime having tons of fans doesn't mean it's over rated, it just means it's popular. And before anyone comes in with "Well you think Haruhi is over rated because it has alot of fans" Haruhi has alot of fans but not just that, oh no it also has all the magazines constantly r*ping it and declaring how "legendery" it is (That is tooken straight from that sh*tty British anime mag "Neo"). Naruto on the other hand always has had and always will have people complaining about it but no one ever does complain about Haruhi.

Sorry but the animation in the band scene in Haruhi is around the same quality of the non filler fight scenes in Naruto, also Naruto's animated fight scenes are so much better than the anime you listed, Gurren Lagann is a lame ass anime who just has a big breasted girl with a bikini in strange positions and situations, yes the story is good as are the fights but there not the real reason people watch it. Haruhi is the same, the only reason people watch it is because of the "kawaii" girls and the strange situations they are put into. If Haruhi was a man I bet you f*cking loads of dosh that it wouldn't have half the fans it does. Naruto does have flaws, the fillers, crappy animation on non fight scenes etc... Also Naruto does humour and quite well at that, check out episode 101 if you haven't (I think it's 101). And the story is utter crap lol don't get me started on that, any person could walk into a room and go "Okay guys... Esper, alien, god girl WE ARE DONE". Naruto isn't over rated because of it's fans, it's fans are just fucking d*cks who think Naruto makes the world go round (Please don't come back with "And you're one of them!11!!!"). Haruhi on the other hand has no flaws what so ever in so many peoples eyes but let's face it and NOT lie to ourselves K.O. Haruhi is over rated on so many levels, a good anime? Yes but a extremley over rated one which does not deserve the fans it has? Yes. Thank you ladies and gentelmen, I shall take my trophie and go, Good night!

Naruto is generic 4kids Saturday morning shit a la DBZ. Stop trying to convince yourself otherwise.

This is what I was going to say. The show is obviously designed for a younger audience to watch on a weekly basis. Bleach, One Piece, Pokemon, and YuGiOh would all fall into this category as well. If a story is really good then there will be no need for fillers, but I don't think Naruto was designed to be a plot driven show, as much as a "lets see what adventures our hero gets into this week". I know there is a central story, but they don't plan to wrap it up any time soon. In other words, it was built from the very start to be a franchise, that's why it has all the merch and publicity.

Another point I'd like to make is that "fan-service" should never be put into a good (serious) plot driven story either. That's basically admitting "hey our story is bland so we're going to show you some tits so you stay interested" it's just grasping for straws.