Optimal PC Build

Hi all,

it's this time of the year and my several years old PC has the chance to be bought for a reasonable price, so I need a new one before "he" can move on :)

Main application would be the usual gaming, but also editing. Mostly my photos but as they are sometimes rendered into a timelapse, a little bit of *umpf* doesn't hurt, also there might be some video editing, if enough timelapses are recorded.

These are the parts I picked for my new PC and I would love to hear some opinions on it :)

• CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3
  • Mainboard: ASUS H87M-Pro mATX
  • RAM: G.Skill Sniper, 16GB Kit, DDR3-1866, CL9
  • Powersupply: be quiet! Pure Power L8-CM 630W (thanks ifmadblamestosh!)
  • CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S
  • Case: AeroCool DS
  • Case Fan: Noctua NF-F12 PWM

I have compiled the list here at http://geizhals.de/eu/?cat=WL-371664 since I'm from good 'ol Germany, this is the service I usually use to compare the prices around here. The total comes down to 640€ incl. shipping and this is also the budget available for a new build. But since it has to last me the next years, I would rather spend more to get better parts that last me longer/are better, than to skimp out on something worth the money.

And as you might have noticed, there is no videocard here, thats because I want a AMD R9 290... but there are no custom cards available right now and I don't want to buy an aftermarket cooler and I don't want a jet engine in my PC :P So I have to wait and my trusty GTX 560 Ti has to work another month or two ;)

If you have any comments, recommendations, questions or critique, it's all greatly appreciated :)

Greetings from Germany,
 Paul 

Edit: Also no boot or other drives, have enough of those ;) SSDs too, some Intel x25 or an OCZ Vertex 3 or 4 will be the boot drive.

Looks alright, although a 530w power supply might not be sufficient for the 290. 

Thank you for the hint! I didn't think about that. be quiets power calculator says the same, 99% workload. be quiet! Pure Power L8-CM 630W should suffice :)

All parts are ordered, the case is now a Bitfenix Phenom M and the RAM is some Crucial Ballistix Tactical, the cheapest 1866MHz CL9 RAM at that moment (and it's verified by Crucial for the ASUS board). Can't wait to build it :) some parts already arrive tomorrow, the rest should be here on wednesday, so new PC for the weekend! :)