Opinions on this PC build?

Hey guys,

I've recently started putting together a list of parts for a Mini-ITX build I'm going to do and I was wondering if you could have a look and let me know what you think of it.

Here are the parts:

Link incase image doesn't work: http://i.imgur.com/VRCG4.png

I've tried to go for a white/black theme.

Thanks,

Izaak

Looks good to me, but where are the hard drives, ssd, and psu? 

I already have those parts from a previous build, thanks for the reply!

Would anyone else like to have a look and let me know? :)

I can't tell if I'm being trolled, but I can't see shit. It just says "Here are the parts:" then a blank space the "I've tried to go for a white/black theme." so I can't tell if this is supposed to be some kind of joke.

Here is the image link incase for some reason it isn't working:

http://screensnapr.com/e/1aRQ0k.png

LOL, clicking that link give me a straight up fatal PHP exception. Port 6379 doesn't seem to be open for access.

EDIT: Could you upload to imgur or something like that, I'd have to guess I'm currently behind some kind of wall that blocking me from being able to access that site, I am at work afterall.... 

Wow, haha, here's a new link; http://i.imgur.com/VRCG4.png

Excellent, now I can see it :p

Fairly good build, only a few things come to mind, mostly dealing with price:

• You have an i5 3570K listed, if it would save you a few $ you should probably go for a i5 2500K instead, pretty much the same performance + the 2500K is said to OC slightly better thus pretty much making the chip equal in performance, you won't be using the HD 4000 anyways.
  • It seems crazy to be paying $60 for 8GB of memory, I know you may be going for a B/W theme but, there isn't even a window on the case, you'll never see the interals anyways, so if you're dropping the extra dough on this memory for color... well seems a bit excessive. All the same, you should be able to pickup 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM from kingston for about $35 that is black with white linings....
  • You should be able to pickup the H70 for like $10-$15 cheaper (making me wonder where you live...)
  • Should be able to pickup GTX 660 or HD 7870 for $30 less than that card...
  • Last, but definately not least... Your spending $60+ on FANS?! O_o.... I can't see a reason those fans should cost more than $20

So, as you can see, I don't really have any problems with the parts per say, but the price.... Especially those fans... Do you live in the US? How come these prices are so high?

Thanks for the detailed reply.

I was going with the 3770k but then I discovered the 3570k is basically the same when gaming with a 1-2fps difference. If there's not much difference between the 2500 and the 3570 then I might consider it.

The memory is just a personal preference, it's only about $10 more expensive than 8gb worth of non-fancy ram.

The H70 I couldn't find cheaper, I live in Australia so that is probably why.

Same with the 660, now I was also wondering, is there much difference between that and the 660i?

The fans, I could've gone a lot cheaper, it's mainly for the look of them, I love it.

Thanks again for the reply CloudScorpion!

Ah, yes, Australia. Usually you mention that in the first post, but thats fine. Guess things are just a good bit more expensive down under. 

If thats as cheap as you can get it, then its fine. I'm pretty sure, especially in game, you'll find no difference between the 3570k and 2500k, but there is probably very little difference in price, maybe $10, so up to you.

And yeah... even in Australia, $60+ is made expensive for fans, but to each his own.  

Yeah, just another quick question. With the H70, do I need to have the push/pull system or can I just use one fan?

Do you need to? No. But since Rads have such dense grids, it will likely help.

Cute. I'm building a similar system with "ECO-Gaming" in mind. Good parts.

those fans have the highest rated static pressure which is good for heatsink fins/Rad fins, they are both quieter than the stock H100 fans and cool about 5C cooler too

Well, that being what its worth, that means essentially sinking $120 into a CPU cooler, which IMO this budget doesn't really justify, but meh, to each his own.

You don't need to. It might help cool your cpu a little better, but you'd probably only see between a 2-3C difference in temperatures.

Also, these prices are pretty similar to US prices, so I'm not sure what Cloud Scorpion is talking about.

When it comes  to the 3570K vs 2500K debate, there are a few fundamentals that you'll want to know before making a decision. The 3570K will allow you to use PCI-E 3.0 where the 2500K will only utilize PCI-E 2.0. For right now this isn't really a huge deal, because there are no graphics cards on the market that can utilize the extra bandwidth of a PCI-E 3.0 slot.

The 3570K does perform slightly better than a 2500K at stock settings, but the 2500K can generally exceed the 3570K's performance when overclocked. For example, a 3570K overclocked to 4.5Ghz performs about the same as a 2500K overclocked to 4.7Ghz. The kicker here is that the 3570K will generally only be able to overclock to between 4.5 and 4.6Ghz, where the 2500K can generally overclock to between 4.8 and 5.2Ghz.

The 2500K also runs cooler when overclocked.

Basically, if you don't need all the extra features that the 3570K has (HD 4000 graphics and PCI-E 3.0) then you'd be better off with the 2500K. The 3570K is a little more future proof though just because it has PCI-E 3.0 support.

I'll only be overclocking to around 4.2-4.4GHz so I would rather be future proof and spend the extra $10.