Opinions on low end build

Hey guys,

hopefully you will be able to help me out again, this time on a low end value build :slight_smile:

I need to replace an old computer for a relative that broke recently.

Requirements: tower pc, win10
Usecase: Mostly office, some light gaming
Most importantly it needs to boot fast, feel snappy and continue to do so for 6 years +

Retailer will be caseking (Germany)
budget ~ 400€

Salvageable hardware from the broken pc: case, 500gb hdd

I do have two ideas, would like to hear your opinions/suggestions

build 1 350€:

AMD 2200g 100€
Asrock B450M Pro4 90€
Gskill Value Series, DDR4-2400, CL15 - 8 GB Dual-Kit 70€
Kingston SSDNow A400 sata ssd 250gb 45€
be quiet! System Power 9 80 Plus Bronze 400 Watt 45€

build 2 450€:

AMD 2400g 150€ (+50€)
Asrock B450M Pro4 90€
Crucial Ballistix Tactical, DDR4-3000, CL15 - 8 GB Dual-Kit 100€ (+30€)
ADATA Gammix S11 250gb nvme 65€ (+20€)
be quiet! System Power 9 80 Plus Bronze 400 Watt 45€

I personally prefer build 2, all the upgrades should be worth the extra money and add to the performance as well as the lifespan of the system.

Looking forward to your opinions
Thanks in advance

1 Like

I would probably go for build 2, the cheaper SSD of build 1 and try to scrap some $ to buy 16gb of 3000 MHz memory. But I haven’t gone deeper into the motherboard specs.

Office doesn’t care about SMT, vega integrated is fine to watch video but if you wanna play games just get a cheap GPU later on. So 2200G for you!

Take those 50 bucks and upgrade RAM instead. You’ll get more performance out of a 2200G with fast memory than a 2400G with slow memory. Keep in mind that system RAM is also VRAM on APUs.

Fast boot time and maximum responsiveness means NVME SSD.

Does it have to be caseking?

I will probably put my 970 in this system later on, just need it for myself for another year or so.
Which ram would you suggest, because I couldn’t find any Ravenridge QVL for this board?
Which Retailers would you recommend? What are your experiences?

Alternate, Mindfactory and Caseking are pretty much on par in terms of service but the best luck with deals I had with Mindfactory for sure. Click on the Mindstar category. Example: they had the Sapphire RX570 ITX 4GB the other day for 94,- Euro. Alternate has an outlet category which can have some deals but the only thing I could find there that was worth looking at was motherboards.

B-Die up to 3200, single rank. That is the expensive standard answer I’ll always give. That stuff works. It blows your budget but I don’t have any other experiences, so …