Well. I think I began designing this system without a full appreciation for the research that needs to go into selecting a motherboard specifically for VFIO. I’ve done my best to scour the internet, and the only real discussion I could find regarding this motherboard was on reddit. Amazingly, this person even has the same Geforce GTX 660 in place I’m planning to use (initially). It appears they have gotten it working.
Other than that, I searched around for TRX40 VFIO recommendations, and the Gigabyte boards kept popping up as pretty well supported (including this post, thank you @wittycurie!). That makes me wonder if I should instead be looking into the Gigabyte Auros Xtreme.
I’m struggling to put all of this together to make a decision. Trying to select a good motherboard is difficult enough after not having built a machine in so long, but adding in the VFIO requirements makes things extra complicated.
At least I think it’s down to the Auros Xtreme vs. the Creator. Opinions welcome!