Operating system

Okay, so I recently built a new a new pc and I loaded it with windows 8 thinking that I could get used to it and I would eventually get used to it, but no I absolutely hate It. It's like a tablet OS on my desktop (and yes my pc is used primarily for gaming). So now that I figured out that I hate windows 8 I would like to install windows 7 but do it through a clean install and I'm pretty sure I know how to do it but I just wanted to make sure I do it right. I know its a dumb question considering I've loaded operating systems before but I've never written over an OS with another one. 

Also I would like to mention that my windows 8 isn't working properly and won't boot up due to a corrupted file in my boot registries and I cannot actually use my computer (this is what has mostly pushed me over the edge to go back to windows 7). Oh and my repair disc isn't working to fix the error so yeah. But I don't want help with that I just want to get rid of it altogether. 

Thank you 

and if it makes a difference here are my specs:  

i5 3570k @3.4 ghz

gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H mobo

xfx radeon hd 7700 series gpu

8 gb of crucial ram @1600mhz 

Yes i definitly recommened overwriting current os. Its pretty easy, just boot from the cd and format harddrive. Obviously if you have anything important on windows 8 you would want to back it up. 

There are plenty of videos to show new people how to install windows 7. Here is one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mME9VLT7-xw

Good luck

Hold your horses there. Did you see Logan's recent videos on turning Windows 8 into a much friendlier Windows 7.5? Or Linus' videos on the performance gains of using Windows 8?

I suggest your re-install Windows 8, and then use Logan's suggested mods to get it to work in a way that suits you preferences.

Then you get a win-win. Speed, performance and a user interface that isn't shit.

what he said

Thank you for the suggestion on the apps to make 8 look like 7 but I tried that long before Logan or Linus made his video and it made it better for some time but eventualooks started having problems with the apps themselves. Most of them wouldn't work right in tangent. And I tried all the work arounds I could but nothing helped. So with that being said I have another question, would windows 7 OEM version work for this as well or do I have to get a full retail copy? 

Thank you for the suggestion again but I am stubborn :)

Id just stick with windows 8. Watch Logans review of "Start8" really improves the usability of windows 8, theres still the issue of stability etc but im waiting for service pack1 to hopefully address most of those issues. Once gaming becomes viable on linux, ill be waving good bye to windows for good.

the oem/ system builder is technically not for consumers and is intended to be one use only

the full should be easyer/ legal-er if you want migrate to a new system

just buy sys builder and save your money, most people do (to my knowlage)

edit: in case i was unclear/ you didn't know, when i said "one use" and "new system" it recognises or "locks" to the board, but i think you just have to call microsoft and tell them what's up (only if you have a problem of course)

Exactly what this guy said...

Hold your horses there. Did you see Logan's recent videos on turning Windows 8 into a much friendlier Windows 7.5? Or Linus' videos on the performance gains of using Windows 8?

I suggest your re-install Windows 8, and then use Logan's suggested mods to get it to work in a way that suits you preferences.

Then you get a win-win. Speed, performance and a user interface that isn't shit.

I have been rolling out Win8 pro for a client that still had XP pro on 12 out of 15 workstations and I had to pry their grasping hands of the keyboards. I chose classic shell for the metro killer and In my experience it does very well. Not as flashy and feature rich as Logan's choice but in this setting it dosent need to be. I have had no issue with any of the software they use at office and really have become their best friend(lol). They love it and I have to say the speed on those dated machines is impressive. I would at least give it another shot by a clean install and maybey a different classic start option.