Open Suse Gameing problem

II really want Open Suse as my main OS however, one thing that is keeping me from doing so is a problem with game sound. Most games audio sounds sped up and distorted, i remember manjaro used to have the same problem but it got fixed somehow through updates. I was wondering if any of you have also encountered this problem, if so how did you fix it.

What release are you using? 42.1 / 42.2 / Tumbleweed / Factory?
What Kernel is installed?

42.1, kernal is the 4.4 lts kernal

can you post the output of these commands plz

cat /proc/asound/version
cat /proc/asound/modules
cat /proc/asound/cards

1 Like

am running Suse 42. (kernel 4.6) but have even prior self compiling my kernel never had any problem with sound.

Are only specific games making problems? (or all + youtube/stuff too ?)

The problem is that you're using OpenSUSE. You gotta go ClosedSUSE. Lock it down! Lock it all down! In all seriousness, I believe it's a driver issue. Try updating or reinstalling your drivers with your speakers plugged in and a program (that plays sound) running. After it's done, reboot and it should be fixed. I've had this issue once before and that fixed it.

It's probably just Pulseaudio taking a dump - if it detects HDMI on your gpu but youre not using it - it can make all your audio take a giant shit for no reason. Disabling HDMI audio will prob fix it

1 Like