[ONGOING] 9900K + Radeon VII O11 Mini custom loop

Part list: Z390 + Radeon VII O11 Mini - Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core, Radeon VII 16 GB, O11 Dynamic Mini ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker

Currently in hand:

• Prime Z390-A
  • O11 Mini White
  • Gigabyte Titan Ridge TB3 card

To be ordered:

• Everything else

This will span into 2022 due to the amount of time it will take to save for parts.

Decided to do a EKWB SE 280, XSPC Slim 240 and XSPC Slim 120 with 140mm top exhausts and all Corsair ML fans. (and potential small VRM fan)

I’m gonna go with Alphacool soft tubing, Koolance QDCs, EKWB fittings and a Aquacomputer D5 Res combo.

9900K will come when I can buy one retail. Radeon VII is from my friend sometime in 2022, and the rest will be when I can buy them via Newegg and etc.

Since this might take an entire year until next year, I locked myself into these parts because it’s the end of the line for OSX Catalina compatibility (Not gonna install Big Sur) The Prime Z390-A was tested working for Mojave and up, hence the ATX case in the Mini.

To be (hopefully) continued…

3 Likes

I didn’t actually know the mini was ATX, I think I’m still gonna go with a regular dynamic for my build though, even low wattage SFX is just too expensive
turns out 2 650w seasonics, a PSU sync cable, and a O11 Dynamic is cheaper than a single 1200W PSU

you already have a PSU sourced?

Yeah, I liked the size of the Mini because it presented a challenge and I didn’t need excessive cooling in terms of SLI.

The Cooler Master V850 SFX is the best rated SFX PSU right now, but that could change down the line. I’m holding off on a PSU purchase as a result.

Funny how a case called “Mini” is a mid tower lol.

Anyways good luck with the build!

UPDATE:

Looks like if I want to put a used 6900XT down the line into this build, Big Sur may just support it after all:

Okay, reconsidering that this is gonna be a major part of my Valve Index experience, I’ve asked about whether the Radeon VII is a wise investment, and I’ve come to the conclusion that it should be left alone in terms of sharing the loop with the CPU. The Radeon VII I’m getting already has a 120mm AIO installed, and my 6900 XT upgrade in late 2022 will use the TUF Gaming 6900 XT with a EK Waterblock.

Now that I have a clearer idea of upgrading to the 6900 XT, should I buy the waterblock for it ahead of time or wait till late 2022?

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.