"one man's trash other man's treasure" trade / giveaway thread

I don’t really have an idea either, aside from the power supplies i mentioned in my op. I like “stuff,” though. wanna PM me a list?

I have so much trash… here are some things I consider of value and could trade or giveaway. If anybody is interested in something that’s not tested I will test it if i can, to make sure it works. Also would consider shipping only to European countries/UK. I am from Slovenia.

Screens:

Various cards:

• ASUS GT210 - works
  • HP P410 2-port SAS controller - not tested
  • 2x 8000s series GPUs can’t identify - not tested
  • Genius Sound Maker Value 5.1 - not tested

Mobo:

I love it. What are you doing with QDR iB HCAs?

@alphazero1990 : Id ike the R61 LCD Screen if you still have it. I’m in UK at the moment. I’ll pay for shipping of course.

I’m interested in the ThinkPad r61e. Do you know what shipping costs would be to Montana?

Is that gt210 passively cooled?

Sorry it has a fan and it’s loud.

Those cards are the left overs of my early tests and dips into the world of Infiniband.

i’m dreaming of my own Server Cluster and fast networking.
Currently upgrading to Mellanox ConnectX3 and Connect IB FDR Cards.

1 Like

I have 8gb of samsung ddr-3 12800 2x4 so-dimm "laptop ram"only used for about 10 days in my tote of doom.

I’m looking for a usb 3.1 controller card / front panel

Funny I was just talking about you and your contribution of the infiniband driver port for FreeBSD (on the discords…)

What would be your specific application workload for such high throughput?

Sarcasm “contribution” \sarcasm

Well, I don’t have use-cases jet.

One of my thoughts is to put the must have nvme raid onto a central server instead of putting it into each workstation.

SAN boot ftw!

I did Linux to Linux test with QDR cards and a Samsung 950pro via iSer and the performance was nearly identical.
Latency was double but 0.04 to 0.08 wasn’t that big of a deal.

So, freenas only supports Ethernet mode and 10G isn’t enough.
Ergo 40gbe is the way to go.
Maybe I get around to adding rdma support to lookingglas, just maybe, I’m still a hughe Noob in basically everything.

Any questions left?

Hey Blackfire, have you still got the 480? I’d be interested in it if the fan is quiet.

Gtx480 bear in mind. I can start the box up and see how loud it is. Been a while since ive used it at all.

What kind of Dell office keyboards?

Yeah, I didn’t think it would be an RX 480. I’ve managed to reduced the fan noise with Speedfan on previous cards, but it’s annoying when it’s loud when you try to push it any more than at idle. If you would test the fan noise that would be good, thanks. I take it it’s blower style one?

I have a Rockit 88 Delid & Relid for LGA 1150 & 1151 I’d be willing to trade off it cost 45 bucks only used once.

1 Like

Please read the original post on how to post an item on this thread.

Instead of trading, and in accordance with this thread you could follow what a guy did on OCN. I cant find the thread now but basically after he delidded his CPU he got a list of interested users together and then paid to ship it to the first guy, who then paid to ship it to the next and so on. A bit of a trust system involved, and I guess he maybe got the mailing addresses ahead of time? not sure, but it was pretty cool and something like 20 people got to use a delid tool for the cost of shipping. Could be a nice way to give back to the community!

3 Likes

Got a Hyper 212 Evo, fan is alittle loud Given Away
In the U.S, willing to split shipping
Open to trades

I’m not sure if I’m allowed to ask this but I’m sure ill find out after the post.

My office has a black and red aesthetic to my peripherals which include a k70 and a k65

Thing is my k65 has a blue LED and its driving me up the wall.

Does anyone have an m45 they would like to straight swap for an m65? Or even a red LED m65?

I’m in the UK and I’m offering a BOXED VGC Corsair M65 mouse for exchange.

ONLY those people in the uk with a good condition m45 or m65(red led) corsair mouse wanting an upgrade need apply.

Thank you

And yes I know I could just get an RGB version of the m65 but I don’t want the rgb software on my pc so it has to be either a red led m65 or an m45