"one man's trash other man's treasure" trade / giveaway thread

Is the nostromo still available?

Does that D630 that is left need a home? I am in serious need of ANY system right now. If so, what could I get you in exchange beyond the price to ship. It doesn’t even need to be complete (if its salvageable of course, I have a few odds and ends in storage, old ram, drives. a handful of chargers) Been borrowing peoples computers lately, and going to the library when I am able, been trying to wrangle up a cheap laptop, but pickings are non-existent where I live.

Yeah I still got it but it might be claimed its up in the air atm.

Till an answer lands about that, ask a school if they are ditching stuff.

yes. I still have it.

Ya , been borrowing a chromebook from thie closest school. I have tried every avenue on this whole island. No salvage. Artificialy high prices on used, nothing for free, problem is, I am on a severely limited income so thats why I am hitting up the forum. Looking to give old hardware a little more life.

1 Like

le bump

2 Likes

anyone like old school g4 era mac minis?

Are those the PPC ones? If so, I know we have a PowerPC following, but not sure who to tag about other than @FaunCB.

1 Like

yes PPC, i’m down to my last box load, i’ve been scrapping the busted and giving a few away on mac forums. i need my closet space back, this load comes with at least some PSUs if not a whole second box of PSUs.

1 Like

May I see some pictures? It may help me with my modding project…

1 Like

How many do you have that are fully functional?

1 Like

i think this should help

any time they’ve been bad is either a failed HDD or me trying to overclock them. few have been dead dead, i’ve not tampered with this box …yet… i will have to wipe them or do factory restores on them. usually i do about 1 per person

Do you have a 1.42ghz model with airport and Bluetooth? If so I’d definetly pay to ship it if you’re in the US

1 Like

ill be damned had no idea they have BT. yeah almost all of them are 1.42ghz emc2079

1 Like

Yeah. BT 1.1 was an option for these g4 minis, which really surprised me also.

they all have BT listed on the tags

I’we logged back in because of seeing this.

What are you interested in trading for

The cost of shipping.

Get me a weight.

first things first, i gotta wipe the drives on these things. wooo are those old ODD drivers not happy or at the very least it’s slow going. then i’ll start packing and boxing them up. likely some will be plain boxes and other USPS flatrate.

EDIT: while i’m at it all this retro hardware and video cards need to go too

one is a video card from a power mac. i call dibs on the 9600gt, i think it has a fried VRM anyways. some older motherboards, pentium 2/3 up to 775.