Onboard graphics broken if GPU is inserted in PCIE slot 5 on ASUS Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI

The ASUS Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI is a really nice board but after using it for about 2 months some quirks came up like problems with pci passthrough of the 1 pcie slot or pcie temperature sensors being randomly enabled or disabled in the KVM interface.

But now we discovered that the onboard Aspeed GPU output gets distorted when a GPU is inserted in PCIE slot 5. Didn’t test if also other cards in that slot mess up the onboard GPU output. The card in slot 5 works fine but the onboard card can’t communicate with the monitor anymore, EDID can’t be read and the picture on the monitor is complete distorted.

My fix for the moment is, not using that slot which is fine for me for now but I can’t really explain what is happening there.

Does anyone of you have experienced similar issues and maybe even has a fix? Up to now I am not sure if this a firmware or hardware problem.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.