OMG these guys piss me off with their nonsense

i think he meant no Microsoft support. (but even they are on board)

Nice seeing maxon and adobe on that list

if it works its way into their main products (photoshop and cinema4d) I shall be happy.

Thinking logically, it was always bound to as their products are cross platform and it just makes sense not to tie yourself to windows 10 :D

I know full well that once vulkan reaches a certain level of support MS will do a fast one somehow :D

I swear they are trolling me. This is the kinda shit Im dealing with:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Please tell me more how you coded an entire graphic interface and memory
management for every single application you did.

When I was a coder, I was a BASICA, GWBASIC, QBASIC programmer. This was before the days of Windows and their DX API. I think the only API around at the time was QuickDraw 3D. I ran DOS on an IBM 286, then a slightly upgraded box and so on till Windows 95/98 was around but still did mostly DOS stuff. so of course I had to write all the interfaces and memory management crap myself.

Hell, I even dabbled in some 3D coding in QBasic back in the day. It was slow and difficult but not impossible and did not require an API to hold my hand.

Oh this asshat is giving me a migrane:

Sry to burst your high and mighty bubble, but what you just said is retarded on so many levels I'm dumbfounded.
To go by definition: "An operating System (OS) is an intermediary
between users and computer hardware. It provides users an environment in
which a user can execute programs conveniently and efficiently."
MS-DOS was a "full on" OS, as you say.
And everything everywhere uses API's in one form or another. Some would
say that unless you are coding in machine laguange, you are using an
API. Working with strings and are doing a padding or a trim? That's a
language API you are using
Again, as per definition: "An API may be for a web-based system,
operating system, or database system, and it provides facilities to
develop applications for that system using a given programming language.
As an example, a programmer who develops apps for Android may use an
Android API to interact with hardware, like the front camera of an
Android-based device."
You are accessing memory to store variable data? API. You accessed a
file in the disk? API. Performed kind of math function at all? API.
Have a read mate. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_programming_interface

God i hate that guy. By that logic a Programming language is simply an API. not a language. So, by that logic, Assembly is an API and so on. By that logic all the people who ever programmed a bit code used an API and never wrote anything themselves. Hell, DirectX is not just an API written from scratch. No, it was an API written from an API which was written from an API and so on until the original API was written in Machine code.

thats the storage media, its location. On the Altair it was fingerware
We could get into Rom Basic:) Or let's not.

Back to the thread. Both Sony and MS have gone x86 So IMHO any competitive advantage will come from software. That should filter down to PC gaming.
As for the video on why gamers should care about Vulkan would love if you could post it here. Sounds kinda interesting.

As for the future I think no not many people saw how successful Linux would be. Or you could buy something called Minix running Linux

Are you guys still going on this shit? -o-; Give it a rest the internet is full of stupid people. Bitching on some outland forum isn't going to fix it.

Bored I guess:) Wife has the remote

was waiting for Escape From Tarkov Live Stream

1 Like

directx 12's been around for ever, it's tried in tested in about 2 games!