Official Post your PC guts thread!

So I guess this is as good a place as any to say hello. Here’s the build I put together recently:

Case: Corsair Carbide SPEC-01
PSU: Seasonic M12II 620W
MB: Gigabyte Aorus Elite 570
CPU: Ryzen 3600X
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo (For AMD Ryzen) Series 32GB (4 x 8GB)
HDs: SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB and SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series 2.5" 500GB SATA III

4 Likes

Hello :slight_smile: Is it me you looking for? I can’t see it your eyes, nor I can see it in your post… Pics is all we ever wanted etc etc…

Hey there, how about some pictures of the build?

1 Like

I have to open it up soon to find a cmos battery type, will shoot while its open.

1 Like

After years on the Z97 Gaming + 4790k and 32 GB of ram on windows 7, my latest GPU was bottlenecked by the CPU for a select group of tasks and games- it was time to move one.

Decided to move to something a little more modern. The 3950x being sold out has made this a somewhat temporary move, but still a significant and needed bump.

2700x and the asrock x570 taichi with 32GB of ram, decided that everything needs a bump, including the PSU. I’m looking to guy everything so this isn’t the finished product.

I’ve been looking for decent big block CPU coolers for the AM4, not sure if anyone has some suggestions but they would be appreciated. Perhaps it’s a discussion for another thread.

I’ve decided to move everything to Ryzen, including NAS and other machines in the house. The value for the money is on par.

1 Like

Y is your rear fan an intake? Also Seasonic Focus+ is super good PSU. Unless it’s 450W U don’t need to upgrade it.
Also what is this case? Y U have a black octopus living in it?

This guilt was real, I don’t have a good reason other than not paying attention. It’s a dumb detail to miss.
I wanna replace all the fans in the thing. The cables are also temporary. Case is the corsair 900D. Last build only needed the GPU replaced every few years, I would like to keep this one similar.

What are the fans? What 200$ you want to throw away for new fans?

Corsairs that came with the case
I don’t know about 200$ lol

Well, I noticed yesterday Corsair fans are north of 30$ a pop, so if you want 5 fans that’s 150 bucks gone…
On the other hand my favourite Arctic F12 are 5$ so 5 of them are 25$ or so…
Noctua aren’t cheap either and then there are BeQuiet…
So there are some quite expensive fans…

I have these for this price, they’re nice.

Really the fans probably just need a proper cleaning.

2 Likes

After quite a few years on the 4th gen I7 compact build I have had enough of this one PCI slot setup.

If I’m completely honest, 80% of the reason for this build was simply “I want to add this machine to the 10Gig network and use PCI SSDs”

10920X,
32G,
2 x 1070s SLI
NVME Local storage
Intel X520 NIC

5 Likes

It’s not fancy inside our out by any means.

5 Likes

I’ve shared them before in a different thread but here are my guts. Currently 12GB ram i3 2xxx 860 eco fedora no monitor keyboard or mouse attached.

I installed the web interface thing and it is supposed to update itself using dnf automatic so I’m trying to see how that works

1 Like

Noctuafied…

7 Likes

I’ve put together 3 systems recently I am just slow getting them here. I’ll start off with this one, a Ryzen 3950X on my favorite x570 board that I’ve used.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus x570 Master
CPU: Ryzen 9 3950X
RAM: G.SKILL F4-4000C19D-32GTZKK (2x16)
Cooler: Fractal Design Celsius S36
Boot/OS: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB NVME
Storage: Sabrent 1TB NVME
Storage: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super
PSU: Corsair HX 1200i
Chassis: Fractal Define S2

4 Likes

Another Aorus x570 Master - This was the first board I picked up, right at launch and I had it on my test bench for a long while, using it with a 3800X and a 3900X and going through all the BIOS teething from F4-F11 and other fun stuff. Time has come to give it a proper home (and retire my last intel setup). This system is replacing a 8700K/1080ti setup I used as a dedicated game machine. I am not sure if I will use this as my game machine or the last system in this series which I’ll get pic’d and posted up later, a 3800X on a MEG x570 Unify.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus x570 Master
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X
RAM: G.SKILL F4-3600C16D-32GTZN (2x16)
Cooler: Corsair H150i
GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT
PSU: Corsair HX 1000i
Chassis: Corsair Obsidian 500D

4 Likes

Last one for this round of builds -

This is the first MSI board I have ever used personally. It is a decent board, does not have dual BIOS and I have not had to load a new BIOS because it came to me with the latest so no experience with that yet. Setting up the BIOS and doing the OC on the RAM was really easy. Took me a bit to get used to the UEFI but all good super easy. I’d say if you were looking to save $50 USD on a motherboard so you could spend it on faster Ram, the Unify is a great choice. I just like the master better its a personal thing I suppose.

Cable management in this one is a little sloppy. I’ll spend some time cleaning up later. Probably pull the blue LED fans out as well but, I already had them so… I’ll put in a couple Black ML140 Pros later and definitely disable the red lighting on the motherboard power switch and turn off the debug readout. Just go for an all black no lighting thing.

The GPU is re-purposed. I’m going to wait for a Big NAVI before I get another GPU so the Unify will just have to roll with a 1080ti. I might make this my dedicated gaming rig anyway so the ti is perfect for what I do and my gaming monitor has a Gsync panel - so there you go.

Motherboard: MSI MEG x570 Unify
CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X
RAM: G.SKILL F4-3600C16D-16GTZKW (4x8)
Cooler: Fractal Design Celsius S36
GPU: Strix GTX 1080Ti
PSU: Corsair RM850x
Chassis: Fractal Define R6

3 Likes

So my last PC died after 7 years of use. So I went team red baby. Got 10% off as it was boxing day when i bought it all here down under. Ruining Arch Linux
Coolermaster H500 RGB case.
Gigabyte AM4 ATX X570 AORUS ULTRA
Ryzen 7 3800X
ASUS RX5700XT 8GB TUF GAMING
16GB DDR4 Corsair (2x8GB) 3600MHz Vengeance RGB
2x 1TB Crucial P1 M.2 PCIe SSD
650 Watt Corsair RM650 80 Plus Gold

5 Likes

Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700x

GPU: 1x RX 580 (Going to add one more 580 or a 5600/5700 soon.)

RAM: 8GB 2400MHz something & 8GB 2400MHz something else.
(Not good, so I’m looking at putting 64GB 3200MHz HyperX or something in my rig. I need dual channel memories though.)

PSU: Cooler Master 650W (Going to change to 1000W/1200W soon, would be a disaster putting another GPU in the Case.)

Mainboard: Gigabyte Auros AX370-Gaming K5

System Storage:
Linux Mint 19.3 on a 250GB Kingston M.2 PCIe
Virus 10 on a 250GB Samsung 850 EVO or was it 860? Dunno.
JBOD: 21TB Mechanical drives… (17TB 2x2TB drives from Seagate took to heaven 2 month’s ago. "/ 4TB lost data isn’t really fun either. "/ )

Going to switch everything out with a 1TB M.2 PCIe, on the MB, then 1TB M.2 PCIe & 2 1TB M.2 SATA on a controller card. And 4-8x4TB Mechanical for long time saving. I stream and make videos sometimes, I need the storage. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Case: Fractal Design Arc rev.1 10+ years old. (I am actually getting a bit crazy having my computer like 50cm from my head with fan sounds all day long, so going to get myself a Fractal Design Define R6 next month.)

Slowly upgrading my computer for VM:ing. That was it’s purpose from the beginning, that and streaming. ^^ If I had the money, I would probably buy a new CPU though, even though there is NOTHING wrong with this one. I have never had any problems with it. Such a good machine that I built 3 years ago. ^^

Well , Project Jinn is finally finished …

Case Streacom DA2
CPU Ryzen 9 3900X
MB Gigabyte Aorus X570I Pro WiFi (mini ITX)
GPU Sapphire Pulse RX 5700
RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 32GB (2X16)
M.2 NVME WD Black SN750 1TB
PSU Bequiet SFX-L 600W
Cooler Noctua NH-U9S (2XNF-A9 PWM push-pull)

Glorious - glorious performance !! under Linux POP_OS! 18.04 !!! It just works ! (pun intended) . Everything went right as expected from the get-go . XMP click and go , GPU no probs from the start (original AMDGPU lacking Mesa Vulkan but it fixed itself after installing the oibaf ppa).
Temps are a bit high for my liking (around 40C -plus or minus 5C- max 72 so far) but OK in general.
The only annoying thing is that the CPU deems necessary to boost over 4.2 every time I open a window or on every other menial task , ramping up or down the fans thus diminishing the overall silent-ness of the PC.
It will work on my GIS and CAD projects and some flightsimming (x-plane 11) in between …

The former i5 setup relegated to the kids as a Steam machine…

Overall very - very happy with it.

5 Likes