Official Post your PC guts thread!

Love how subtle this build is, it's truly gorgeous; the noctuas and the water cooling just look amazing, thanks for posting.

And if you don't mind me asking how much was the water cooling kit all in?

Really like the matte black hoses. Looks great. Gives me the desire to do something with my old empty lian li tower sitting in the corner.

Specs: 

Intel i7 4770k running @ 4.3Ghz

2x NVidia EVGA 770 4GB Superclocked ACX GPUs

ASUS Maximus VI Hero LGA 1150 Mobo

Rosewill Capstone 750w Gold non-modular PSU

16GB Crucial Tactical Tracer 1600m blue/orange kit CL8 kit

Noctua NH-U14S CPU cooler Single 140MM fan in push

Intel 335 Series 240GB SSD

WD 1TB Black velociraptor 10k HDD

2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM HDD

3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM HDD

Case ThermalTake Chaser MK-1 with 3/4 200mm fan slots filled

changed to white led's. may get some black fan grills for the scythe gt's.

specs in profile.

Thanks, guys.

Glad some people appreciate Noctuas :D

All in the watercooling cost around $1k

Good luck with the LL, Eman!

Deejeta, I love how you routed the little sound card cable with the matching Pcie cables.

Nice clean loop. Ever think of adding gpus? 

First post here, figure it would be good to introduce my build.

Rosewill RISE Full Tower

Internals (I need a modular power supply)

I try to keep it clean.

I really need a modular power supply so I can fix up that gaggle of cables (They aren't very visible through the window when the side panel is on, but it's always going to bother me until I fix it)

Here's the specs-

Rosewill RISE Full Tower ATX

Rosewill Xtreme Series RX850 850W PSU 80Plus Bronze

ASRock Fatal1ty Killer Z97X ATX Motherboard

Intel i5 4690 2014 Haswell Refresh @3.5 GHz

EVGA NVIDIA Geforce GTX 770 2GB SC w/ ACX Cooling

WD BLACK 1TB/3TB

GSKILL Ripjaws 8GB 1600 RAM 

BenQ RL2455HM 24" 1ms Monitor

super clean, great job man.

you should route that 8pin power cable behind the motherboard. other wise nice build.

Thanks mate.

I previously had gpu's w/waterblocks. Got these 760's cheap and with their non-reference design Im unable to get fullcover blocks for em. Sucks nuts but in time ~ next gen nvidia or amd I'll lash out and get some gpu's back in a loop not that these cards are noisy its just that yeah I love the look of a complete loop.

The previous build:

4 x 7970 Quad

FX-8350 @ 5.3Ghz

3 x D5

5 X AlphaCool XT Rads

3 x PSU = 2200w/184A

Koolance 370 CPU Block

Cosmos 2

Corsair 16GB Platinum Dom

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7

The Current build: (under Construction)

Cosmos 2

FX 8350 @ 5.3

4 x MSI R290X Game Edition

4 x EK FC R290X Rev 2.0

3 x PSU = 2200w/184A

5 x Alpgacool Rads

16GB Corsair Platinum Dom

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7

Fusion Core Res

3X D5 Pumps W/Custom made Poly Resin LED imbedded Facades

EK Quad Terminal Parallel Bridge

Koolance 370A CPU Block

Monsoon/Bitspower Fittings

Corsiar SSD's

Custom 3 color sleeving

1 Like

Cool pci cables in the old build. Not sure I appreciate the Vreg fan though XD

The new build is looking great too. I love that giant bridge. 

Appreciate the advice, just ordered an extension for the 8pin cable alongside some new red LED fans for the front of the case.

All the stuff for my X99 build arrived a couple of days ago. Here's what I bought:

Asus X99 Deluxe

i7-5960X

4x8GB Avexir 2400 DDR4

Nanoxia DS1

Noctua NH-D14

FSP Aurum Xilenser 500w

850 Pro 512GB

Win 8.1 64 Pro

And I recycled a GTX660 from an old machine.

Well, it's all built up now and I'm *really* pleased with it. My main workloads are photography software, DxO Optics Pro and Photoshop CS6, but I also do software dev. Everything now flies whether I'm processing a whole holiday's worth of 24MP raw pics or compiling big C++ projects. I'm going to stick another drive in there soon and load Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. Then I have a medium-term plan to try and build AOSP and do some phone dev. Should be fun!

As you can see from the parts I chose, the machine was built to be quiet and it is. Very quiet. The only thing that really makes any noise at all is the 660, and I can change that to a fanless one at some point (when we get a full Maxwell range?). It goes from silent at idle to a very quiet whisper at full load.

I stopped the Asus auto overclocking process at 3.9 for now. It's about 1.1v. I need to do some thermal, noise and power assessment to see about pushing it further. I've never seen more than 70 deg C at the CPU so far at full load, so should be ok to go a bit further. Peak power draw is about 370w, so the FSP 500 is fine. Normal power draw is about 100-150. No worries there.

All we need now is some fancy NVMe M.2 storage and we're there!

Oh yeah, and I'm coming from a 7 year old Core2 Duo system with 32-bit XP! Nice. My life is a little different now.

The FSP Xilenser is the only thing that I would comment on. While it's undoubtedly a good PSU, it isn't as modular as it likes to make out. For a start the 24-pin is attached, which is ok I suppose since you *need* one of those! But it has 4 PCIe 6/8 connectors, two each on two cables, but both the cables are attached to the same plug on the PSU, so it's four or none! And the cables are nice and thick and inflexible! Also the SATA/Molex cables aren't great. I've got one SSD and one Blu-ray in the box, and I had to use two SATA cables as the plugs are too close together (the SSD is in the bottom of the box). So even though my box is half empty, I ended up using all but one of the PSU cables. Ah well. I did a half-decent job of tidying them up.

pics?

Specs:

i5-4570 // Corsair H60 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi (mITX) // Kingston HyperX Black 2x4GB 1600 CL9 // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD // Cooler Master RS GX650w 80+ Bronze // Gigabyte Windforce HD7950 3GB GDDR5 with NZXT Kraken G10 bracket + Corsair H55 // 3xCorsair SP120 Performance Edition static pressure fans // Fractal Design Node 304.

It's a snug fit, but everything fits and works perfectly. Kinda unique with two AIO water coolers stacked like this in a case this small. 

Temps are fantastic. System idles at low-mid 20's on the CPU and mid-high 20's on the GPU. During heavy gaming the CPU rarely cracks the mid 40's and GPU sits between 45-50, 55 max. - and that's with the fans only running at 50% (1200-1400rpm) which is still very quiet. These temps are about 20-25 degrees cooler than what it used to run all on air. I'm so totally sold on water cooling. So quiet and efficient. :)

Anyways, enough of my blabbing. Here are some pics: (first pic was before I finished the cable management)

FYI - the hoses on the H55 on the GPU (sticking out) are very flexible and tuck right in nicely under the case cover. ;)

1 Like

My build, affectionately called The ShoeBox

Cpu: Intel Core i5 4670K

Cpu Cooler: Cooler Master SeidonM 120

Memory: 8GB GSkill RipjawsX 2133 CL9

MoBo: AsRock Z87E-ITX

GPU: MSI R9 280X Gaming 3G

PSU: Corsair CX500

SSD 1: Seagate 600 series 240GB

SSD 2: Kingston SSD Now V300 120GB

Case (Primarily responsible for the name) : Silverstone SG05-Lite

I cut and drilled the back PSU mount, to convert it from SFF power supply to ATX power supply. The case can only fit something like a 265mm long GPU, but i cut a window in the front metal plate, in line with the PCI-e slot, to allow upto 271mm and my 269mm MSI card squeaks in. :)

Damn now I wanna put a Kraken G10 on my Sapphire HD 7950.

My Node 304 is really similar to yours.  i5-3570k, MSI Z77IA-E53, Sapphire HD 7950, Kingston HyperX Black 2x4GB DDR3-1600.  I don't have anywhere near the temperatures you have, though.  I idle at around 30-40c, and under full load the hottest part gets around 75c.

Go for it! The H55 fits perfectly in the 304. :)

Forgot to mention; those temps are also while running an overclock on the 7950 of +100mhz on the GPU and +150mhz on the memory. ;)

Nice build. :) 

Love these tiny gaming builds with serious horsepower. :D