[Official] L1 Devember Minecraft Server! Vanilla Survival + Build Contest

I now have a train station going to the Sticky Piston & my base. Near Kreestuh’s Inn.

Hello,
I would like to submit my base - 1697, 78, -1883
On the interactive map it is also known as Eppstein Island
It is not any fancy establishment but well I tried

2 Likes

That’s pretty genius

Cool! I hope you don’t mind, but I am adding a connection between our rail systems!

1 Like

Hi all - long-time lurker but finally got around to creating an account to post here.

Some people were wondering in the last stream about the rail switchers that I’ve built in a few different places on the server. They’re doing essentially 2 different things:

1. Applying (or not applying) a redstone signal to the block that the rail is on, so it can be switched back and forth to make the cart go one of 2 different directions.
  2. Providing a pulse to the sloped powered rails that are normally off, so the cart can be launched forward as soon as a selection is made.

Because of issues with the pulse possibly not being long enough to switch the rail, and switching back before the cart reaches that point in the track, I use an RS-NOR latch as a flip-flop to control the track position. This keeps the track locked in place as soon as the corresponding button gets pushed, and keeps it in that position until the next time a button is pushed. The flip-flop is displayed in this image here:

Because the flip-flop always has one side that’s powered, I don’t want that power leaking back into the input pulse signal from the button, since that might keep the booster rails constantly powered. These are the repeaters that isolate the signal and only allow it to pass in a single direction:

Instead, the isolated input lines are simply run through what’s essentially an OR gate and run down to the booster track, so it’s powered by a pulse from either button.

The underground station that @max1220 helped me build has the same redstone circuit design as the more exposed station by my base, but it’s all hidden in the walls.

8 Likes

Made some extensions and made the place look a little nicer too.

5 Likes

as the contest is drawing nearer to the end

Please fill out both your Laptop and Desktop System specs in your User Profile
please include all parts including, CPU/Mobo/RAM/Cooler/GPU/Storage and both laptop Model and Specs

also don’t forget to post your coordinates

2 Likes

Coords xyz: 744 / 74 / -336

crazy ideas/plans + not enough skills + not enough time => a really really weird and unfinished build;p

That’s super cool!

1 Like

Thank you. It is just a simple cheap way of building to stay safe. It is mostly empty.

I dont think i have posted my coordinates before:
My underwater base is at x:-165 y:64 z:970

2 Likes

Coordinates X-141 Z -278

Ran out of time but it turned out alright.

I think you still have some time.

is it really necessary to post PC specs?

“Necroender’s” Tower at x: -1425 z: -19875

Inside is a darkroom, 16 color wool farm, iron farm and End Portal (so far)
Visit the 2 portals therein to see the Gold Farm and Nether Ice Road

In game name: Ursavus

Also is it possible for an Admin to change my forum user name to Ursavus?

It is for judging what people need and cane use if they win. I am guessing this is office stuff give away. So stuff they have previously reviewed and more than they can use.

But you can edit your profile to include them. Not post them here, I suppose you can do that too but on the profile is more useful over time.

2 Likes

breaking the forum in 3.
2…
1…
hold on to your butts

3 Likes

I have posted a screen but not detailed ones.

mooseaire 36 / 69 / -231
mooseaire -11 / 88 / -25

7 Likes

Persian-ish skyscraper x:-255 y:63 z:-68

15 Likes

someone griefed my gold farm, blew up my villagers and disappeared without any notice.

they accidentally blew up a villager bed most likely, but they didnt mention it or restore the place

i dont need retribution, but I would like to know who dunnit if possible