[Official] Devember 2021, Welcome!

Hi,
My first Devember project is a feature page for the Level One NFT in a horrendously overengineered way.

1 Like

Hi!

My forum post is linked below. My submission is for a neat little web app that shows how a programming language is parsed from input → Lexer → AST → Parser.
This is a continuation of a longer-running project which is a bit outside the scope of Devember, but the web app is my submission.

My goal personally is to learn more about how programming languages work under the hood, so I can become a better programmer. My goal this Devember is to build a project to help share this knowledge.

Forum Post:

Git Repository:

4 Likes

I will be developing a “game engine” for poker with the goal of learning Rust and serving as the first component of a bigger project.

1 Like

here is my github repos habbis (Eirik Habbestad Helleve) / Repositories · GitHub

2 Likes

I’m a software dev by day and mostly work with back end stuff and things which means my GUI-fu is kinda limited. I want to make a little app that tracks, logs, and displays system info like temps, load, and which processes are eating the most CPU time. Will add github link soon.

EDIT: Can we have more than one Devember project? Second project is a remote control of sorts using HTML and ASPNET core to send keystrokes to your game. Much like Game Glass, but with no client app on you phone of tablet needed.

1 Like

Forum post: Devember 2021 - Linode Powershell Module

My Devember project is to create a Powershell module for interacting with the Linode API.

1 Like

My devember project is to write a nice Java library to interface with the LCD display over an I2C PCF8574 8bit I/O expander.

My project is on github: GitHub - eitch/pi4j-testing: pi4j-testing

1 Like

I’m creating a browser based puzzle game “MEANdEr” where you can rotate tiles to recreate the shapes of quests

Link to my post [Devember2021] MEANdEr - a browser puzzle game

At this time the game can be played in singleplayer and has about 45 unique quests

2 Likes

I missed the fact that we were supposed to reply to this thread with out Devember projects. I’m creating a caption manager application in C++ to tag image on the hard-disk with an extended description/caption and some additional info.

The code for this project is in my Github repository: GitHub - inakleinbottle/caption_manager.

Have fun :slight_smile:

3 Likes

About Me: I’m a grad student at Oregon State University studying machine learning. I enjoy creating random projects. Here’s my github: khlam (Lam) · GitHub

My Project:
My project is to update my old discord music bot to be compatible with the new Discord API, and I’m adding fun functionality like a robust Text-To-Speech inference model to create dynamic audio stories.

Project Repo: GitHub - khlam/parrot at dev

Forum Post: [Devember 2021] Discord Music Bot + ML models

1 Like

I’m building a containerized Bup backup server, with a web front-end to manage backup jobs. I can’t share links in my posts though, so I’m having trouble adding a topic for it. :sweat_smile:

Edit: the permission gods have smiled upon me! Here’s the post: [Devember 2021] Dockerized Bup backup server

1 Like

I am making a PowerShell script with a GUI to help manage devices in our MDM.

1 Like

I am posting here incase the judges miss my post (its christmas, so they might be busy with their new presents or toys).

I am not going to post a link to the Linode server this is running on as all that will do is get people banned :slight_smile:

(That said, if they judges wanna view or test some stuff I will accomodate them (via PM).)

Forum post: 12 plugins of Christmas

Github link:

I call it the 12 plugins of Christmas.

I started working on updating the drupal 8 plugin and adding a drupal 7 and 9 plugin. I then expanded to make plugins for every thing I can find that runs on FreeBSD and could use a TrueNAS Core plugin.

1 Like

My one is now complete and running, looking for beta testers to see what is disclosed at the end of 2021 while everyone is sleeping after eating too much :laughing:

https://forum.level1techs.com/t/devember-2021-complete-a-telegram-bot-that-notifies-you-of-congress-critter-stock-trades/178006/26

Please note I did a little promo about devember in my github readme, but included the Level1Techs logo there, please let me know if that’s not OK and I’ll remove it.

1 Like

My devember project is to learn Go a bit while making a fun twitch bot that’s only goal is to be as dumb as normal twitch chat.

2 Likes

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

Make a machine learning optimised model for controlling the Tesla Powerwall operation that is personalised for a individual homes setup/needs

Thread:

1 Like

Finalists are out, video out soon:

2 Likes

say something a bot wouldn’t say lizard-man

1 Like