[Official] Devember 2021, Welcome!

Forum Post: Devember 2021 - Quick Music Sampler - Development / Code - Level1Techs Forums

Just a regular guy who enjoys coding and trying to escape my current grind.

App Objective: Speed up the process of sampling new music and creating playlists.

Will post website link when up.

2 Likes

My topic: A web based real time view of amateur radio communications

I recently got my amateur radio licence and would like to expand my radio radio by combining my interest in digital modes and skills in programming.

My demo page: https://m1.x0r.uk/digiradio-v/
My github: https://github.com/x0r9/digiradio-v
L1 Dev Blog: Digiradio-V

My project is to build a simple digital station that will have a web portal showing what packet radio stations I have picked up on. Think of it as a raspberry pi wired up to a modernish radio rig.

It’s like a more personalised version of aprs.fi but could run just locally when using radios when portable and without an internet connection.

4 Likes

So for aprs.fi I suggest you grab the data you want and use the OpenStreetMaps API.

Let’s goooo! :fire:

1 Like

If anyone wants to be fancy, I found out you can embed html badges of your pipeline status onto the forum. It should update in real time but I think a page refresh would be needed because I don’t think the forum constantly reloads images in the background.

I.E Here is my pipeline from my self hosted GitLab.

Repo Branch Status
devember2021-ui master Gitlab pipeline status (self-hosted)
devember2021-api master Gitlab pipeline status (self-hosted)

https://shields.io/

Another one signing on, thread’s been up for a few weeks though. :kissing:

Forum Post: [Devember 2021] Architecting a TTA Processor Core

Digital hardware design guy here, the goal of this one is to design and build a hardware demonstration of a simple 16-bit processor core. It’s been one of those pet project ideas that I’d never gotten around to putting on paper until now.

Time’s gonna be tight to get a PCB spun up and delivered, but I think I can pull it off.

2 Likes

Forum post : [Devember 2021] GTK4 Connect 4 app using radio button and rust

Attempting first Devember. Hopefully it goes well.

(will update more info as I myself discover it)

1 Like

Got bored and decided to facilitate XNO (Nano) donations online.

1 Like

I’m making a soundboard with an (hopefully) improved user interface. Trying to learn WASAPI and CI/CD while working on it.

The project’s gitlab link is in the OP of its forum thread:

1 Like

Working on a game I’ve been prototyping. Really enjoying learning how to write shaders right now.

Goal: See how much progress I can make this December.

Project post: [Devember 2021] a space project | overly ambitous space game

2 Likes

I’m going to build something to check if my deployed helm charts can be updated.

1 Like

I made it long winded and official. The RPG character maker is now… a thing I must do. Also got official permission from the rest of the team.

Project post: [Devember 2021] RPG Character Sheet web application

And for those of you scrolling this far down, here’s an image of my programming buddy, Archimedes. Enjoy.

5 Likes

My Devember project will be to build an automation to build several versions of the Blender bpy module (ideally something like bpy-lts-full, bpy-lts-lite, bpy-nightly-full, bpy-nightly-lite) and automatically upload them to pypi.org.

Forum Post Link: [Devember 2021] Blender bpy module CI build automation

1 Like

Day 1 of Devember lets go! :fire:

8 Likes

I’m back again for Devember! Oh, it already started a month ago…
I’m not sure how much I will commit to this, as I my main project right now is 3D printing related, but I have set some low goals which I intend to get done and then I might do more if there is time:

Basically I just want to get my feet wet with compression algorithms.

2 Likes

Hi shall give this a go, got a small idea of something interesting (maybe) to build

1 Like

This is something I’ve been meaning to do for a while. My Smart home interface sucks.

1 Like

Hi,
My first Devember project is a feature page for the Level One NFT in a horrendously overengineered way.

1 Like

Hi!

My forum post is linked below. My submission is for a neat little web app that shows how a programming language is parsed from input → Lexer → AST → Parser.
This is a continuation of a longer-running project which is a bit outside the scope of Devember, but the web app is my submission.

My goal personally is to learn more about how programming languages work under the hood, so I can become a better programmer. My goal this Devember is to build a project to help share this knowledge.

Forum Post:

Git Repository:

4 Likes

I will be developing a “game engine” for poker with the goal of learning Rust and serving as the first component of a bigger project.

1 Like