[Official] Devember 2021, Welcome!

I’m going to start a project in the spirit of Devember, but I know it won’t be finished for the devember rulings.

I want to automate deploying centreon for monitoring Linux servers.

Goals:
Deploy vm from iso
See if it’s possible to automate the stuff normally done in webgui.
Automate/script adding new clients.

5 Likes

I don’t know if this is eligible for a Devember project since it partly involves some hardware (3D printing) but I’m doing it anyway. 'L1 Tech Deck' Devember Project
It’s a little media keypad to use when I’m listening to the L1 news and other podcasts in bed. I will also be making a custom case and keycaps including a L1 logo keycap.

5 Likes

I give it 60 minutes of trying before I brick the tablet.

5 Likes

My Devember project is a distributed web crawler. This is primarily a means for me to learn about how best to design, develop and deploy software across multiple machines.

Link to post: [Devember 2021] - Distributed Web Crawler

5 Likes

Nitty Gritty Gentoo Project!!

My Devember project is to create a custom Distro based on a GentooStage4 tarball, using Gentoo’s Release Engineer tool, Catalyst. I have a few concrete goals for this project:

1. A working build chain going through all the stages (seed, stage1, stage2, stage3, stage4, livecd1, livecd2)
  2. Usable stage 4 tarball
  3. Usable liveCD that can be used to install the stage 4

Stretch Goals:

1. Website to host the tarballs and ISOs
  2. installer saved to livecd to install Gentoo using stage4

[Devember 2021] Custom Distro using Gentoo’s Catalyst

5 Likes

TV Lockout mechanism

Project Link: here

TL;DR Stay on track with your fitness program or get put in the penalty box (no TV).

5 Likes

Trying to enhance my skills in the low-level area of things with a bit of crypto and rust learning thrown in for good measure

2 Likes

I thought this would be a great opportunity to learn the open source Godot game engine so I started a very simple 2D puzzle game (forum thread).

It’s neat seeing everyone’s creativity.

3 Likes

Tsk tsk. I’ve been naughty by creating an open source crypto wallet for Devember:

2 Likes

Am CS student, know a bit of Python and C. I dislike Youtube’s removal of the dislike button, so I decided to make my own.

Edit: whoops, replied to the wrong post. Oh well

6 Likes

My devember project is to create a server and client for listening to audiobooks with the ability to keep track of position in the audiobook across devices.

3 Likes

form post Linux Admin class Final Project

I am an IT student that has a final group project do for Linux Admin class.
I am hosting a server for my group to do the project easier than if we had our own VMs.
ps Yes this is lame but this is a good change to learn Linode hosting

4 Likes

My goal is to create a FUSE mount client for Tahoe-LAFS, a decentralized networked filesystem.

2 Likes

Been wanting to work on (AND FINISH) something interesting on my free time for a while now but haven’t had the driver or motivation to do it, with this year’s Devember I hope I’ll get something done.

2 Likes

Forum Post: Devember 2021 - Quick Music Sampler - Development / Code - Level1Techs Forums

Just a regular guy who enjoys coding and trying to escape my current grind.

App Objective: Speed up the process of sampling new music and creating playlists.

Will post website link when up.

2 Likes

My topic: A web based real time view of amateur radio communications

I recently got my amateur radio licence and would like to expand my radio radio by combining my interest in digital modes and skills in programming.

My demo page: https://m1.x0r.uk/digiradio-v/
My github: https://github.com/x0r9/digiradio-v
L1 Dev Blog: Digiradio-V

My project is to build a simple digital station that will have a web portal showing what packet radio stations I have picked up on. Think of it as a raspberry pi wired up to a modernish radio rig.

It’s like a more personalised version of aprs.fi but could run just locally when using radios when portable and without an internet connection.

4 Likes

So for aprs.fi I suggest you grab the data you want and use the OpenStreetMaps API.

Let’s goooo! :fire:

1 Like

If anyone wants to be fancy, I found out you can embed html badges of your pipeline status onto the forum. It should update in real time but I think a page refresh would be needed because I don’t think the forum constantly reloads images in the background.

I.E Here is my pipeline from my self hosted GitLab.

Repo Branch Status
devember2021-ui master Gitlab pipeline status (self-hosted)
devember2021-api master Gitlab pipeline status (self-hosted)

https://shields.io/

Another one signing on, thread’s been up for a few weeks though. :kissing:

Forum Post: [Devember 2021] Architecting a TTA Processor Core

Digital hardware design guy here, the goal of this one is to design and build a hardware demonstration of a simple 16-bit processor core. It’s been one of those pet project ideas that I’d never gotten around to putting on paper until now.

Time’s gonna be tight to get a PCB spun up and delivered, but I think I can pull it off.

2 Likes