Official Cities: Skyline Thread

Hey…
Um… Are people still playing this? I’m going back into it, vanilla style.
So do you know any decent workshop vanilla maps? The built ins are OK, but still…

2 Likes

Nobody posts in this thread, and I don’t want to start a new thread about my map, so here are some images straight from the massively unfinished map I am working on :wink:
It’s super vanilla… It should be done in a month or so cause I don’t work on it a lot, I just tinker with it for a bit then walk away… But I have been working more on it as of late, so I may finish it by the end of the month…

If anyone is interested - I will do updates :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I will play this. Do/will you have it available on the workshop?

3 Likes

When done - yes…

3 Likes

You’re a great man, pete.

3 Likes

DO IT

I want to see more @psycho_666 maps and games (I am subbed ya know, need that content bro)

2 Likes

Bringing geks to Pete’s thread…

That’s like bringing pack of wolves to a lamb.

I worked a bit more on the map…
It’s getting really tedious now. The basics are done. The layout, the heights, the roads - done. Now I just have to fill the map with forests and stuff and god damn, that takes a long time…
But I’m chugging through.
Anyways, here’s an intersection…

3 Likes

2 Likes

those are some steep ramps, rip suspension.

1 Like

They are… I’ve been thinking the same thing. But the intersection is as large as the asset editor allows and I barely squeezed everything in there.
I can try and rework it so all the traffic have to go through the roundabout instead of having those slip lanes, but then that’s the only highway connection so it kinda needs those slip lanes…
I may try to smooth the ramps by directly connecting them to the highway instead of the slip lanes…

SIGH
My SSD died, so I bought a new one…
SIGH
Turns out for some mad reason the map I was making was saved on the C:/ drive…
SIGH
Basically I have no map no more…

Steam didn’t sync game files?

1 Like

I haven’t uploaded it to steam…

Remade the intersection to have a bit less steep ramps.

4 Likes

When would someone use the roundabout section?

1 Like

to turn left or around

2 Likes

You can go straight ahead without going off the highway.
Turning right have it’s own dedicated slip lane.
Turning left - you go to the slip lane, go to the roundabout and get off whenever you need…
U turn is possible only on the roundabout.

So basically like @ThatBootsGuy said, to turn left or make an U turn…

1 Like

I tried to start making a new map… It’s not going well…
I used real world terrain height map and believe it or not, the river bank doesn’t let water to flow. So yeah, that ain’t going anywhere…
The map I had before was heavily edited, so I can’t just remake it…

I’m getting aggravated :frowning:

My beauty in use:

Very light use… I just built it, but I will build a couple train stations and a forestry industry on the open side… Gonna be glorious…

2 Likes