OEM Windows question (SSD related)

I want to upgrade to an SSD but I only have an OEM copy of Windows. Will there be any problems? Or is that only for major hardware upgrades such as motherboards?

It should be cool if you ghost the drive. Use Clonezilla. It's pretty simple but you should google and read up on using it. 

Thanks Logan!

I've never had a problem with OEM copies at all. I've reinstalled them on different hard drives, and I've used them with multiple motherboards. I had windows tell me that it wasn't a valid copy once, but after I re-registered it with the cd key, everything was fine.

One point to note, however, is that the machines that I first used it on don't exist for multiple reasons. Usually because I reinstalled it on a new hard drive or ssd and deleted the old copy on the older hard drive. Also, some motherboards went bad on me, so those are in the trash.

So your telling me if I build a new system I can use my OEM copy of windows and have no issues?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure. I mean it's worked fine for me. I just don't think you can have two systems running with the same version of windows at the same time.

Oh I would never try having two PCs with the same OEM copy of Windows at once. I just always thought that the OEM was tied to your current Motherboard.

Yeah, I've heard people say that before, but I've moved OEM copies between motherboards with both Windows XP and Windows 7 without consequence.