Odd Thinkpad T460 Keyboard Issue

Good Afternoon All!

I have a t460p Thinkpad that I use for work, a problem suddenly started happening when I use the keyboard. The “A” key is super sensitive. You don’t have to actuation the key switch the slighted brush over the “A” results in a string of “A’s” I pulled the keycap and made sure the switch was clear of crude/trash. With the key cap removed it had the same problem, you just barely make contact with the top of the rubber dome and you get a string of “A’s”

I like to repair my own gear when possible so I will order a new KB if needed. Just curious if anyone has run into this before and is the switch fixable?

Thanks!

Yeah it sounds like dust or dirt, either taking up space to make contact quicker or is conductive itself and in the right place to just about bridge the contacts.

I guess it was pressed firm once when it first happened like a regular keypress and that smushed it on so a shake or blow out won’t shift it. If you are handy enough and nothing less invasive helps first, I would take the keyboard out and give a deep clean and put it back in and see if that helps. After that replace like you are thinking anyway.