Occasional flickering on the bottom half of both monitors at the same time

Occasionally, sometimes every few minutes, sometimes once every few hours, both my monitors will flicker, losing signal to the bottom half of both monitors at the same time.
I’m not even sure where to start with this, but I’m pretty sure its a GPU thing as the monitors are very different and were bought at different times, so shouldnt really break at the same time, right?

• Gigabyte GTX 970, not sure of the exact make, but it’s nothing fancy. not overclocked, fan profile set to a ‘cool + quiet’ setting (45-55°C under load)
  • LG 27" + 24", both @1080p/60 (again, don’t know the exact make)
  • Win10
  • Asus Z97 m-plus
  • i5 4690k, not overclocked but has a corsair h110i so its at like, 32°C-35°C under load
  • 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws X @stock 1600MHz

Any ideas what could be wrong? Is my GPU just slowly dieing? Is it something else that could be the problem?
Please help I don’t want to have to buy a new system just yet :stuck_out_tongue:

First step to display problems should be testing it with other hdmi/dvi/whatever else cable you use.

True… I hadn’t thought of that, even though it seems such a simple solution.
They are both plugged in with DVI cables, because one of them is also used for my XBone and it only has 1 HDMI port… Guess I’ll have to figure something out to get that to work, should the cable be the source of my problems.

It just seems weird to me that both monitors have the same problem at the same time, given they are plugged in with different cables…
I will just have to test it and find out.