OC Virgin

I just got my new gear for my rig. 1000W seasonic PSU, i7 3770k, and H100i with 3 noctua F12 fans
i am kind of nervous but excited to OC my CPU however what instructions do i have to do to have a stable system?
i know my cooling is very good and i have a corsair 600t Case. My OC goal is 4.2ghz so if anyone can help ill be very thankful

look up an overclocking guide for the 3770k is a good place to start every cpu is different for me personally it takes 1.13v to be stable at 4.2ghz I use OCCT to test for stability.  Its basicly a guess and check process.  You could try 1.15v at 4.2ghz and test then raise or lower the voltage as needed.  General rule for the 3770k is no more then 1.3v usually unless you want a really high OC at the price of heat and stress to the chip.

Also, the motherboard matters. If you got a good $120-$150 one, the VRMs will tend to be great, you won't get much Vdroop, and you get more LLC options (if you want that or not; it can heat up the chip to lava depending on what setting you set it at).

well i got a sabertooth z77 mobo

Nice mobo. You'll have a good time with that. 

thanks i bet
however wat are the basics in OC
like what should i look out for

thanks i bet
however wat are the basics in OC
like what should i look out for