OBS-NDI Not Working on Arch Linux

I’ve been having a weird thing happening with OBS and the OBS-NDI plugin… it works fine under a bare metal Windows 8.1 install as well as a freshly installed Ubuntu VM, but not under the Arch install on the exact same machine or on my personal laptop (it just has Arch installed on it).

I have the obs-ndi-bin AUR package along with OBS-Studio installed, but I have also tried compiling and installing the obs-ndi package from the Git Repo to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this, or at the very least debug it?

I have also tried running OBS through a terminal window to check it’s console output, from what I can tell, NDI starts up and is detected just fine. I even see the dropdown and the source for NDI, so it is being loaded fine I believe. Another small oddity is that under Windows (on two different machines) I am able to see the NDI output on the same machine that is sending it, but I can’t under Arch.

The people over at r/archlinux, r/obs, and r/linux4noobs haven’t been of much help (they downvoted my post into obscurity…).

1 Like

Step 1:

Always assume Reddit hates you. That’s just the nature or Reddit.

You’re far better off contacting devs on mailing lists with this stuff or issuing a issue on the OBS Github. Arch definitely is a “you’re on your own” sort of deal, unless you can debug together with the devs.

3 Likes

Yeah… I did post an Issue on the Github page for this project, but I noticed the dev can take up to a month (or longer) to get back to people.