Objective2 + ODAC designs

Alright thanks for the heads up

And thanks for your help, and you don't have to hunt for the USB controller that hard for me, I'm pretty resourceful. I'm just trying to find original parts to keep from having to design a new PCB from scratch but I will if I have to, and if it works out I'll let you know

Again, thanks very much for your help, I appreciate it :)

Nice one man, It's appreciated thanks. well deeds like this definitely make this place a community that's for sure.

I will PM you shortly dude thanks again.

On a side note: I'm glad iv started this thread now as it seems this is a good chance for people to converse about hashing out the technicality's on getting one of these put together.

yeah il email em tomorrow, thanks. well if you want to give me a price for a bare-bones one that would be nice, keep in mind P&P as i live in the UK. Also if you want to PM the price that's cool.

3 or 4!? I just about managed to make it through one without going cross eyed! (Red soldermask looks cool, but give me green or bare FR-4 board any day of the week for fabrication runs!)

Nothing exciting as far as mods, just been trying out different gain settings and low power option to see just how low ohms you can really get away with!

been taking full advantage of having a load of A/B foot-switches for blind testing......I probubly looked quite silly the other night repeatedly stomping on a AB pedal switching between a stock and low power O2 with my eyes shut to see if I could hear the extra noise on the low power unit! 

Yeah we use green :)

We used to do 3-4 in a row, now we do around 10-20 a day.

I'm assuming you couldn't hear the noise floor on the low power unit? We actually haven't built any of those yet.

You can shoot us an email on our website, I don't want to do business on this forum, or any forum.

BTW it's actually cheaper to buy the O2+Odac from Mayflower on eBay even including shipping costs. I'm from the UK and I'm getting the Mayflower O2+Odac and V3 headphones from eBay.

The Epiphany Acoustics one is £186.99 + £6.75 shipping total £193 74 

http://epiphany-acoustics.co.uk/products-page/dacs/ehp-o2d-miniature-desktop-headphone-amplifier-with-usb-dac/

The Mayflower one is £161.18 + £12.16 shipping total £173.34 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271324912512?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Nope, I couldn't.

Was Impressed with the low power variant, if you ignore the fact the low power ICs price adds a fair chunk to the price, and you use the right Ω Cans. 

Can see why you have not gone down that route, as I would imagine most people wouldn't opt for the price markup on the the lower power units, and the bigger issue that if you want the lower power option its going to be used as a portable amp, and many people don't ware 50Ω+ headphones out and about. 

Makes sense il email you guys shortly for a quote then, thanks.

Now add in the import duty and the royal mail handling fee. 

Amplifiers have an import duty rate of 3.7% and VAT rate of 20%. so, expect another £34.72 + £8 Royal Mail handling fee if it get stopped by Her Majesty's Customs and Excise. (though some company's will mark items as "gift" to avoid these charges if you ask them really nicely)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lFgLuCccYM

Also if you don't mind me asking where would be a good place to buy my components from ya know resistors caps and all the rest and the enclosure?

No?

http://uk.mouser.com/ is going to be the easiest place, they stock everything needed in the O2, and the project files posted on page one of this thread have the mouser part numbers too.....so they are easy to find! 

Yes!

Aaaahh awesome thanks, my feed didn't update for some reason on refresh lol.

Sent your board out today! 

(sorry it took a could of days, had a mad 48 hours of catching up on work after the holidays)

Mate your giving me the thing no need for a apology at all! thanks again by the way.

anyways it's all good, iv got to get the board components and the enclosure in, which il be ordering in about a week. once iv got those il be ordering the ODAC.

Might even post a build log, if people are interested that is.

That's true, I am fabulous!

+1 for build log! 

Indeed you are sir!

yeah i will do a build log, beats the usual pc build logs XD

Just a little tip if a TI chip you're wanting to acquire is hard to find, and don't mind to be a little bit norty about it. TI has a policy (or at least used to have) to send samples to companies or teaching facilities that ask for them.

I ordered quite a few chips over the years in my time in the uni using my university and facility as the institute and my own address in the campus for delivery. I did feel a little bad every time a delivery guy dropped a package worth sometimes 100 dollar of chips sent by airmail all the way from U.S, but all in all totally worth it.

PS. Doesn't concern me but props to Peps1 in this thread, good job man.