Nvidia's GTX 285 for Macs?

http://www.engadget.com/2009/04/29/nvidias-geforce-gtx-285-coming-to-macs-in-june/

Judging by the link up above me I would believe so. I really think this will be a step in the right direction for Macs to become formidable gaming rigs. Now only if we can get the software side of things caught up. Me personally I really want OSX to experience a boost in gaming and become a platform for designers (because I am quite tired of Windows having all the fun)to work on and develop for.

Oh and it's gonna cost a shit load though UGH :........C

This sounds rather pointless as I doubt developers would make games for mac because OSX is no more special than Linux and no we do not want to see good ol' Nvidia supplying evil apple with their best GPUs! I'm waiting for all the game developers to discover Opengl.

>fetus

>Macs

>Gaming

Even though they would love for this to happen, it's never going to.

Mind you, Call of Duty 4 and World of Warcraft recoded their games for delicious money.

its not going to happen unless macs take a good percentage of the market and gamers stop hating them.

@timonator- what do you mean your waiting for opengl to be discovered by developers.

the_timonator wrote 4 hours ago »

I'm waiting for all the game developers to discover Opengl.

OpenGL is like older than everything. D3D is taking them out off the open world. =D

Feel sorry for whoever buys that yea i got a badass gpu in my mac but no games to play with it. lol ive never even seen the inside of a mac d they have pci e slots or some stupid apple slut i mean slot

hhahahahahahahahahahaah thats the most useless shit ever hahahahahahahahah i laughed so hard i pissed myself

[img]http://api.ning.com/files/-usxqi*IvYlBXHxh8-YInCd4yPuNrfrSekOwDzKirgal0cPSAhRmePtwnAwe4ZLYr3cUVJQfK0mjaeo1JwKSeNmseuWmJ9dS/PolarFacepalm.jpg[/img]

since when did evga make cards for macs

Fuck's christ who would buy a GTX 285 for their mac?

As far as I know the issue with support for cards is on mac side... Mac have pci express...

SLI_boy wrote 5 hours ago »

hhahahahahahahahahahaah thats the most useless shit ever hahahahahahahahah i laughed so hard i pissed myself

Just like the 1st time i seen your sig

jk but it dosent really make sence

Macs

Gaming

: |

lol macs are n00by

one word useless. done

macs are too expensive. for the price of a mac, you can buy a pc and have future upgrades covered.

their warranty is great tho.

my macbook has had it's fan, logicboard (what they call their mobo), and outer shell replaced.

HAHAHAHA! Macs and gaming can't be in the same sentence.

Rofl...everyone at my school is either a windows extremist or a mac extremist...i don't get what's the big deal lol. It's an operating system for god's sake! as for games on macs...sorry but i actually don't know any games that run on Macs xD

Fail. PhysX for mac's maybe? I dunno. Doesn't seem right to me.