Nvidia WIll no Longer Sample Hardware Unboxed

This is a real shame and I hope the change their mind HWU is the best source for gaming benchmarks by far if you ask me. Another scummy move by a tech company

14 Likes

Nintendo-Tier move by Nvidia.

HWU has the money to do it like GN and buy their products themself. So… why?

5 Likes

what was that thing Nvidia wanted their third party manufactuars to have their “gaming” series cards only on Nvidia or something back in 2017 in exchange for cheaper and higher binned chips

3 Likes

They wont have day 1 reviews tho (No that day 1 gpus are even available ever)

1 Like

You mean the GeForce Partner Program?

3 Likes

yeah, most the partners said no and nvidia was pissed and said okay everyone gets shitty chips then, which probably led them on the path that the current founders edition trend is on

1 Like

Nvidia needs a slice of humble pie, and the 6000 series is looking a lot like 1st gen ryzen, its not making them sweat, but like its a little warm in the room

6 Likes

Day 1 reviews = income though, which is shitty because HWU will now have their revenue stream effected because Nvidia doesn’t like them.

2 Likes

Its really a shame how they are acting, If Ray Tracing was important people would care more, sadly most games these days are online multiplayer not single so the hit to performance is not worth it

2 Likes

Ill still watch their reviews I usually could care less about day one but yeah it will deff hurt them financially

1 Like

Does not matter because you can’t buy them month 1 anyway :man_shrugging:

1 Like

sadly will be the same for them tho really hard unless they pay scalper prices

1 Like

With how well the big reviewers are connected, would be funny if LTT, L1T, jays, GN, HWU, etc. were to delay their reviews and instead give Nvidia shit on the next release.

5 Likes

Hopefully they stand together (I mean wendell is pretty much snubbed too )

1 Like

Or they just focus on the rastarisation too and don’t bother with ray tracing benchmarks, one less set of games to run 5 times each.

This is going to sound very “but muh A-UM-DEE” but I have not seen any realistic good demonstration of Raytracing. Yes it looks better but not nearly enough to warrant the hit to performance. It would be something I would turn on at the start of a new game and then turn it off because u want to play it smoothly at high FPS.

4 Likes

Its an amazing single player feature where people are willing to sacrifice frames for looks. Issue is how many single player games a year does the average gamer play and for how long?

2 Likes

According to a friend of mine, RT cuts FPS in half…

Imagine that when you don’t hit 60fps on a 1080ti in 1080p…

Nvidia should have made RTX as an add-in card. Change my mind :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think it varies 1/2 to 1/3 of a hit.

ON RTX gpus

I play mostly single player games and still would not want to sacrifice frames for slightly better looks I probably won’t notice in motion.

Racing games in particular, there is the “90mph test” if you can turn down the detail and not notice the difference at speed then what is the point of having it in the first place.

they snubbed HWU for talking about rasterization, yeah, the guy that talks about linux, VFIO, and code 43 is definitely on the ban list

8 Likes