Nvidia Volta Dead, Ampere coming but with issues

They tried, they really did. But no one wanted to use it.

1 Like

Microsoft has had quite a stroke of luck nowā€¦ breaking into the cloud marketā€¦ they still suck in their mobile market but since I count the surface tablet as mobile its quite a successā€¦ Its a great tabletā€¦ fantastic for students im sorry but it reks compared to anything apple if your an engineering studentā€¦ the ability to run your software (FULL DESKTOP SOFTWARE) and still retain a mobile experienceā€¦ well done

Inherently they can never beat ARM because the instruction set (Reduced) is part of the reason the power requirements are so low. It requires a less complex chip in general

hard to get a mobile phone out there that can beat the well rounded flagships of Google and Apple. That being said some of the nokia windows phones if only given a try were rock solid. They had all the apps I needed to be frank and they had fantastic camerasā€¦ the problem was marketing it really was

ALL of that being said

I dont really see intel busting into this market at all

Thatā€™s because it was just another walled garden. You are not able to install apps from outside the MS store. I donā€™t even think you could use any browser other than IE/Edge. Everything requres online account. If this wasnā€™t the case i would have windows phone right now.

How is that any different from an iphone? (except for that browser part)

Itā€™s not different at all but then why is iPhone so popular while Windows phone is not?

Thatā€™s the million dollar question.

(what it is, I donā€™t know. Iā€™d love to know why the windows phone flopped)

Because branding and marketing are a thing?

I have seen a tweet today from Kitguru who were talking to MSi Netherlands and someone there in the GPU department figured it was not miners solely to do with GPU shortages but that the Price od PCBs have gone up 50% and caps and other components 60% or there abouts.

I have not looked into it much as there is only so much you can ft into however many characters twitter allows these days. So there was no expansion in the main tweet or anything to back these claims up other than the fact that it was GPU supplier talking bout why they need your money more tha you do.

Others might be more able to back these claims up as some of you are more in tune with the background goings on of the tech world.

EDIT:Here is the tweet in question:

On a realted side note DDR4 has been very expensive for a long time now. When it first came out all was fine and the first I heard of price increases was that DDR4 modules were changing node and the it would take time to ramp production up but woyuld end up being cheaper, faster and cooler running. This has not come to pass and I wonder if during the change over they realised we would simply suck it up and pay the increased prices so never botheed reducing them again and just soaked up the profit. Again I am not into the goings on behind the scenes so this is all my own speculation but it is odd. Prices have only continued to go up with seemingly no reason why any more.

An interesting developmentā€¦

Perhaps this would affect cryptocurrency mining as well? Even though this card would be horrible value for such an endeavor.