Nvidia - Titan X Discussion

@xzow
When we say "Productivity" we mean getting work done.

Some people have different definitions of "Productivity". but when used in the context of graphics cards. they mean it's going to be an amazing card for video editing/rendering.

But the titan isn't the best for all kind of work you need a graphics card for, just some of it. So instead of saying "productivity" and looking like you have no idea what you're talking about, say the actual thing.

Actually it is. higher cuda cores. and double the floating precision, higher vram and a bigger bus compared to the GTX 980.
The double floating precision is a necessary for cuda development and essential for cuda developers. the better question is does it makes sense as a gaming card and should gamers really purchase it? absolutely not. if you are not a developer, you aren't going to benefit from most of the specifications on this card. yes, it's faster than the GTX 980, but it's not worth the 500+ dollars that Nvidia asks for compared to a GTX 980.

You also need to be a poor developer with no budget for a quadro/tesla. The titan is mostly bought by clueless retards looking for "the best" gaming card.

Obviously...
Not everyone is rich. and not everyone can afford a Tesla/Quadros. they go as far as $5000. the issue that arises with this card is that, Nvidia is marketing this Developer's card as a gaming card. however it makes absolute sense. if you are developer but also are a gamer, it makes no sense to invest into a quadro/tesla and a seperate gaming GPU. when you can get this Titan X. it's excellent for cuda development and can game very well. you seem to forget that tesla/quadros are terrible cards for gaming and use totally different drivers. on a similar note, yes that are some ignorant people who throw money at Nvidia for this card cause Nvidia says it's the best. but just cause a few "clueless retards" buy this card, that is no justification that all people who purchase this card, are a bunch of idiots. there are people who genuinely need a card like this, to kill two birds with one stone. and no average gamer needs or will benefit from this card.

I love mine. I am going to get a 1440p monitor at some point. Right now I am loving Skyrim with tons of mods and texture upgrades. With SKSE and Enboost this thing purrs like a kitten.

Actually thank god for my headphones cause the fans kick on at 50C and boy does it get noisy.

Why did I get it. Future proof my system and have the power to play on 1440p on high or ultra. It is a HUGE upgrade over my 770 SC and honestly that card was pretty solid except for modded Skyrim to be honest.

Yep it was a lot of money but to be honest unless games get totally crazy power hungry to play it should be several years before I buy another card.

I love to game, I had the cash, why not is the way I looked at it. I did think about going 980 SLI but I like the single card dependability and functionality for gaming.

I did have to buy a PSU that put out more AMPS on the rail. My original was an EVGA 750G with 20 amps per rail. Good PSU but not enough AMPS for the Titan. I went with a PSU that has 850 watts and 70 amps for the main rail. Plenty of power and I have overclocked the Titan a little with not power problems.

If you got the cash get it. If not the 980 is great too or wait and see if the freaking 390 EVER comes out.