Nvidia sneaks out Titan Xp

Jay explained it best IMO

1:24 to 2:02

1 Like

They can put out anything they want of course. If only the big tech media treated irrelevant products appropriately.

If there's a Titan Xp, will there be a new Ti then? The 1080TI instead of Ti. What fuckery is this, Nvidia?

This is actually a repeat of the 700 series and original titan line (sans titan z). Nvidia initially releases a cut-down titan and 80 series card, then releases a beefier Ti card, and then releases a refreshed Titan with everything unlocked. The time line for the 700 series/Original Titan line and the 1000 series and Pascal Titan Line is near identical. They're differentiating between the *80 series and first released Titan differently, as well as differentiating between the *80 Ti series and second released titan differently, but those details kind of panned out in a similar performance gaps regardless.

The 900 series and Titan X maxwell kind of differ from the formula though. Would not be at all surprised if the 700 series and original titan line formula is now what Nvidia is going to roughly do going forward.

Dear Nvidia, if your going be an absolute twat and release a second titan every generation going forward, please make it a black edition instead of just changing the end letter. I suggest these names:

1st volta titan called: Nvidia Titan V. Or, Nvidia Titan FuckYourWallet V
2nd volta titan called: Nvidia Titan V Black. Or, Nvidia Titan FuckYourWalletAGAINAHAHHAHA V.

im personally just excited for the osx drivers!

1 Like

#fucknvidia

They are shitting on their customers, they are actively and openly fighting against open standards, they are selling the same tier of GPU for double the price than a few years ago.... gworks, gsync, HOW DARE YOU ASKING FOR SHADOWPLAY WITHOUT AN ONLINE ACCOUNT!

Just don't give'em money. Please, just don't.

They have found the perfect buyers for their product..

Mac people = 'more money than sense' personified

They could have called it Titan Ten.

Titan XP²

Yeah the naming doesnt make much sense to me.

Actually, real mac folks aren't apple customers anymore. I was one of those.

hackintosh people='more smarterererest than mac people'

1200 is such an insane mark up

Anyone buying that slop pretty much got what they paid for...The fastest card at the time

I don't understand why anyone who owns the old Titan would be annoyed at this. All tech gets surpassed, whether it be a week or a year later. Is the old Titan suddenly not good enough for what you were doing 6 months ago?

fucking Nvidia...

Titan xp epeen edition. For a mere $1200 MSRP (which obviously means they're going to have a "shortage" to bump the price to $1500) you can tell your fellow gamers and geeks how big an epeen you really have! Featuring moar performance, moar speed, moar vr, and moar gameryness you now have the greatest card in the history of cards (until we decide to release another one because we've spent all our money on marketing). Prepare yourself for the amazing geforce experience and gameworks paves the way to the best gaming experience available (albeit at a price... and not just the pricetag, people).

But really... Titan cards now are just horrible overpriced tools that are used to say they have the fastest thing out there... Nvidia is faster! (because they have a fucking $1200 card that only people who have more money than sense or just want the best because they have a need to compensate or some weird form of ocd). They used to be decent if you wanted a quadro without paying for quadro... but now you can't do that anymore (thanks Nvidia). I mean yeah you can get the best experience... but it'll cost ya.

1 Like