Nvidia embraces competition in it's very own way

This does not have anything to do with GPP

1 Like

Not directly no, but certainly indirectly. They are the ones that claimed GPP was for clarity. Well with the string of recent releases its pretty apparent clarity was certainly not in their wheelhouse and yet another fuckin 1050 is further evidence of this.

1 Like

The release of the 1050 is not related to GPP, stop trying to justify your off topic post. This is not a catch-all for everything nvidia does, unless noenken has specifically stated so.

Post is not off topic in the slightest, the word we are looking for clarity. And if NVidia is going to claim clarity as the reason for GPP how the hell is another 1050 “clarity”?

2 Likes

It is. Make a new topic please.

Edit: Wait, I’ll do something else.

1 Like

I can see where he is coming from, in nvidia’s own words gpp was supposed to be all about transparancy and clarity,

1 Like

I absolutely know what you mean. But as far as I can see it GPP has no influence on this release and vice versa. And just because a bullshit piece of PR nonsense had a specific word in it … that does not change that.

1 Like

Meh, oh well, it was a thought… and like my thoughts, usually a bad one.

I still don’t like it. There’s no need nor reason for this bullshit.

Couldn’t they and any of the other companies that went along sue Nvidia for fraud? I mean they spent all this money on rebranding, and it’s wasted because Nvidia cancelled their own agreement.

Biting the feeding hand? Unlikely.

1 Like

Like @noenken said. You dont want to piss off the company that is almost solely providing your company with income. Nvidia could just stop providing them with cores and all of a sudden you’ve lost over 80%+ of your income with no real way to recover

What AMD REALLY need to do, is release a kick-ass GPU under the new AMD specific brand, even at a loss (maybe subsidised in part by Ryzen), so that Nvidia can’t use the new AMD brand to sell their cards, and the new AMD brand is the one that becomes synonymous with high gaming performance.

Two can play at that game…

2 Likes

I dont thing amd can beat nvidia at the high end so there eating away at the bass. All the sales are really in midrange cards but the cream profit is in $1k Video cards with brand names with an X or P and both.
I joke only idiots buy titans. I was young once too and got a car loan for a pc :slight_smile:

All corporate plans where tossed out the window with mining…everything sells no matter what.

I am hoping that actually just comes to be without any effort to intentionally make it so, just that AMD finally can stand on equal ground with Nvidia, like it’s done with Intel.

1 Like

Not any more.

Nvidia can afford to make stuff at a loss

AMD can’t…

at least not without going back in the red and if they started playing that game they would lose as nvidia has deeper pockets to absorb the loss

1 Like

So I was just looking up and old GPU and came across this:

Which quite surprised me. How old exactly is the ASUS ARES / AREZ brand?

This is from July 2010.

So I looked on google trends

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=ASUS%20ARES

Then for ASUS AREZ

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=ASUS%20AREZ

:thinking:

Worldwide it’s even earlier:

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=ASUS%20ARES

So ASUS ARES is almost an ancient brand that ASUS has been experimenting with for ages.

1 Like

Yup, that was also pointed out in a couple articles as far as I know.
ARES was dual GPU AMD cards (was it even more than one?) exclusively, AREZ is new.

Also, look at that copper monster of a cooler.
We’re not getting those anymore. :frowning_face:

Is GPP dead or is there a byte.