Nvidia embraces competition in it's very own way

NVidia is laying in the bed they have created. They have a massively long history (see Adored video) of games, scheistyness, outright lying and deceit. So when you have people who don’t really understand shit from a legal perspective and its NVidia most are going to assume its NVidia being evil fucks. NVidia is not going to get a benefit of a doubt, they are not going to get slack… and rightfully so. Simple solution… stop being evil fucks.

1 Like

Well the GPP is dead and gone. So any discussion about it are kinda post mortem/speculation anyway. The GPP was kinda like this NDA anyway, business as usual. Reactions overblown etc.

1 Like

Pretty water-tight argument you’ve got there.

Yeah, because businesses are known to drop strategies that were planned out for several months because a few people got upset with them…

Its all AMD’s fault for ruining their party with completely unfounded accusations…

This is why we can’t have nice things

… Sarcasm btw :smiley:

1 Like

as far as I’m concerned this thread is over but I would like to leave it open for future developments however I feel like its going to swerve into off topic sooner rather than later

please avoid this

2 Likes

Nah, stuff like it will probably continue as usual. Businesses do this kind of deals with each other all the time. Is it illegal? No. Do we have to like it? No. Will it be leaked to the press every time? Probably not.

No. They don’t.

FTFY.

Also here is how dead and gone the GPP is.

2 Likes

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I can see why vendors don’t go back to the old brand names. Firstly they already put time and money into it, reversing everything would cost them again. And secondly (assuming GPP was actually shut down) they can’t know if nvidia might start something like this again, they can avoid this by just continuing the new brand.

1 Like

This is literally why Nvidia didn’t bother continuing the program. They got the desired results and now they don’t have to abide by the funding offers that they put forth. Win/win for them.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree with that at all. Actually that is exactly the point. This would not have happened without the GPP and the fact that Asus is keeping it like this simply means that Nvidia won.

I see what you mean, we really gotta see how sales develop though before we can say who “won”.

Well, you have no point of comparison. So sales numbers are not a good indicator.
Also the GPP had the goal of excluding AMD cards from board partner’s top level branding.
And it did that.

Branding changes all the time.

That is true but the claim is that nvidia used GPP to force a change in their direction

2 Likes

Sure, but certainly not at the whim of a competitor as was the case here. Why would an AIB spend money to rebrand and keep Red and Green separate if it didn’t have too?

AREZ-STRIX
I’m impressed ASUS!

They combined the new offshoot into their Strix lineup :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Guess it’s just what you have to do when you’ve already spent the branding and marketing money on it.

The whole thing is worth a watch, timestamped is the topic relevant part.

And on the heels of GPP and “clarity” NVidia has finally put yet another 1050 to the market, this time its the 3GB model.

So for the sake of clarity:
2dack5

2 Likes