Nvidia embraces competition in it's very own way

I think Asus is the only brand that invested much into it so they may continue with it.

1 Like

More thinking about this one.

2 Likes

I’m going to make a prediction and say this wont make a significant impact in their market share as long as amd continues to make lackluster chips.

2 Likes

Market share is a “nice to have” for them but …
ultimately nvidia cares about money and nothing else.
That is the way to hurt them.
Make them pay.

Well that’s interesting:

1 Like

That’s almost peculiarly outspoken.

1 Like

NAW Show is skeptical about it being over.

1 Like

They’re not saying much, but kind of a lot by that.

2 Likes

Well, yeah no fuck. No one was going to agree to that, and no one did.

Except for every vendor? They may not have liked it, but they still agreed.

3 Likes

I know asus did, but probably everyone else made a lot of shit, along with the press and a lot of users.

Gigabyte and MSI removed their branding on the new boxes entirely (tho not sure if they’re being sold already).

Curious to see if Asus is going to do anything with AREZ now though. They are being sold already.

“GPP had a simple goal – ensuring that gamers know what they are buying and can make a clear choice.”

Makes me tear up… with laughter.

GPP was still a success for Nvidia because it achieved a large chunk of what they set out to do.
They got several vendors on board, MSI, Gigabyte, Asus that already implemented changes they will likely be keeping.
Additionally branding changes where implemented, ROG vs AREZ segmentation is still a thing.

And don’t forget that GPP was never public, god only knows what other dealings happened behind closed doors in this time.

Keep a look out for upcoming surprises, maybe 6 months from now.

2 Likes

I expect in 6 months everyone will forget about the GPP and Nvidia will make a GPP X or something like that. Besides the Nvidia 1100 series should be out this year, looking back on 2018 with regards to Nvidia everyone will think of the 1100 performance, no one remebers the legal battles.

Edit: Hey Mr. Cat, if I want to dual boot, say ubuntu 16 and win 10 on two physical drives, do I need to encrypt ubuntu (just to stop win 10 from messing with it)?.

No you need to install windows first, or have the drive you wish to install linux on disconnected from the system (when you install windows that is).

Nvidia, post-GPP:

1 Like

Can´t access twitter, what did they post?

1 Like