Nvidia embraces competition in it's very own way

So theoretical time… what is to stop Intel from pulling this same stunt? They KNOW this works, they KNOW that equipments makers will bow down if their bottom line is threatened. Sure it would be much harder but there are enough patents held by Intel to really make a play at GPP like program so like the Asus ROG Strix X370 motherboard would end up being the Asus Arez Strix X570 (assumed chipset for Ryzen 2). Or maybe in say 3 years Nvidia invokes GPP and says you can’t sell ROG motherboards that handle AMD processors… because people may think of AMD and may not think of us. It may be a bit tin foil hattery however we KNOW Intel are fucking slimeballs and NVidia are proving themselves to be fucking slimeballs so I wouldn’t put anything past them.

Annnnnnnnnnd… done.

Nice, do the damage and then avoid the legal fallout.

Maybe.

3 Likes

Exactly.

They got what they wanted, production is already affected, brands have been changed…
Now they pull the plug to try make it go away before they get caught…

4 Likes

I want to see if Kyle Bennett publishes the papers he has now that they are incriminating evidence of a defunct program. Anything done by nVidia towards the partner that leaked it could easily be seen as retaliatory, and possibly from a legal standing would still get them smacked a bit.

The rumors, conjecture and mistruths go far beyond its intent. Rather than battling misinformation, we have decided to cancel the program.

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha--meme-17374

I love the melancholia in their post, “we just wanted to help gamers sob” All you fucking had to do was release the terms & conditions of GPP. This is some next level bullshit by Nvidia.

6 Likes

wow

most commentors hit the nail on the head

• achieved objective,
  • no longer have to honour any commitments,
  • appear as the hard done by victim
1 Like

Quoting Kyle:

NVIDIA told me I would be cut off if I published the GPP story. Since I did that, they will not reply to any of my emails, so I suspect that bridge is burned forever.
AMD is obviously happy over it, as you would expect.
As for AIBs, we are not into new video card season yet, but I would guess that it is very possible that NVIDIA will forbid them from sampling HardOCP with NV GPU cards.
It will be interesting if NVIDIA pushes the AIBs to pull advertising from my site, which I figure will happen too.
So all in all, it is likely this will put an end to HardOCP, but I knew that when I published the story. Not crying over spilt milk here, just discussing the facts around the situation.

6 Likes

Obviously illegal anti-competitive practice was obvious, so they’re ending it before shit hits the fan.

1 Like

AIB’s should f**k em up by swapping the brandings :smiley:

nvidia gets the ones no one has ever heard about and amd gets the original brands :stuck_out_tongue:

poetic justice

2 Likes

Their blog post is hilarious.

A lot has been said recently about our GeForce Partner Program. The rumors, conjecture and mistruths go far beyond its intent. Rather than battling misinformation, we have decided to cancel the program.

1 Like

I will take your word for it, cant bring myself to go to that website and subject myself to their carefully crafted manipulations :smiley:

1 Like

So do we know if they have started to stamp new brands on AMDs products or were they only in the announcement and planning phase?

Asus had, not sure how near the others were to releasing their brands

1 Like

iirc most of them never got past the planning stage. a few released cards but no idea if thats going to stay

AIB’s need nvidia & amd tech, they do have a say although it’s not much vs the tech provider. Since nvidia likes to act like apple or worse then they might aswell release their own everything and leave the aib’s to amd, which would fit their version of “being transparent and open”

Gotta say, has to be really nice to be working for amd at the moment. screwing intel, screwing nvidia… are the ovaries of lisa su made of steel or something? do we know?

We do not know, even the reporters don’t know how she was smuggled unto the track with 4 different VIP access cards. It’s all very sketchy

The blog contains a few words. Very well placed words forming very well crafted sentences.

Except the second sentence in the post:

If the rumors, conjecture and mistruths go far beyond the intent, that means the intent was to spread rumors, conjecture and mistruths, right?

And there is one other sentence that rubs me the very wrong way:

Are they really hinting at their customers beeing too stupid, ignorant or disabled to distinguish between the word “nvidia” writen in green and “Radeon” writen in red?

And the last one that killed the whole thing and does not really need any comment:

…it isn´t dead, isn´t it?

Yeah, let’s rephrase that last one into

You wouldn’t have a great time without us, “partner”…

The AIBs got the memo I guess.
But first they have to clean up the mess from that dead horse’s head now.

I just hope nvidia doesn’t get away with this.
They should feel pain about this whole thing.

3 Likes