Nvidia Driver Issue with Linux Mint

Hello, I recently just built a computer to put Linux Mint on. I built the computer and installed Linux Mint. This computer has a Nvidia Gtx 650 in it. I went to Linux Mint's driver tool and chose the recommended nvidia driver for my graphics cards. I restarted the computer, but then it wouldn't output anything to the monitor. I am assuming I need to remove that driver, but I don't know how I would go about doing that. Any advice is greatly appreciated

roll back to nouveau and instal 352 drivers

in terminal go to run level 3

sudo init 3

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:xorg-edgers/ppa
then
sudo apt-get update

then install
sudo apt-get build-dep nvidia-352
sudo apt-get install nvidia-352 nvidia-settings

this should fix your issues

Document all your output and all errors. I need them to help you if something fails.

Thanks so much for the help it all worked great, except for when I got to ...
sudo apt-get build-dep nvidia-352
sudo apt-get install nvidia-352 nvidia-settings
It said...
Picking 'nvidia-graphics-drivers-352' as source package instead of 'nvidia-352
E: Unable to find a source package for nvidia-graphics-drivers-352
I am assuming that the commands were right, but that it was the wrong driver. Is there anyway that I could find out which driver I have installed on my system. Could I use bash to find the driver? Thanks again for the help.

Are you running an Intel processor with integrated graphics? If so, you may need to blacklist your i915 module from loading.

I've had issues like this with my 6700k and gtx 660. Blacklisting i915 has solved it.

To do this, edit /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf and add the line: blacklist i915 to the end. Then restart and install the nvidia drivers from the gui tool.

Keep in mind that this only works with Intel integrated drivers.

Hmm just check that repository for the latests version. It may have changed