Nvidia Controlling AIBs and Review Drivers (HardOCP)

Don’t really care, my above post is take it or leave it, you can argue about what I’d do if you like, but it won’t sway my decision…

Yup, and MASSIVE respect to Steve at GN for doing so.

I will get back to reading the actual replies in a but I just have a thought.

If it is on the internet it is inherently insecure… Not always but it seems to hold true in the vast majority of cases. So…

then he will log into a protected site which is most likely a secured version of GeForce Experience in order to obtain the driver, and download from there into a specific machine with the new RTX card being present.

I imagine this could be subverted and released to the public, breaking many rules in the process but I think it should be done. I am sure you can mess with ids on a regular system to report an RTX card and get the driver. It would be interesting to see someone not under NDA take it apart and see what the driver is up to.

My bet is something like a reviewer specific driver string, so that any leaked benchmarks/3dmark results, etc. that show the driver will be traceable to the user(s) who downloaded it.

Or maybe it phones home to nvidia via geforce experience whenever it runs a 3d app (for “improving the driver via user telemetry” a la Windows 10). Who knows. i wouldn’t put anything as beyond nvidia at this point.

2 Likes