[UPDATE: It was an accident] NVIDIA closes the gates on Vulkan Beta drivers

UPDATE:

Move along, nothing to see here.

2 Likes

Iā€™m surprised they arenā€™t charging for regular drivers yetā€¦

4 Likes

There is a cost for the regular drivers. Itā€™s called GeForce Experience. Vanilla installers have to bundle that now.

Man, if TotalBiscuit were still aliveā€¦ He called BS on a ā€œsystem specā€ banner (My Rig Details) in GeForce Experience/Shadowplay in NVIDIA press drivers:

For those unable to watch the whole video, it looks like this:

You can install Nvidia windows drivers without Geforce Experience as of mid-2018.

Yes, during the installation process. But they have to pack all the telemetry and GFE files still in the installer. Only if you choose to ā€œslimā€ your installer can you avoid GFE and Telemetry fully.

What would that Nvidia membership require

Soooo why do you keep buying the cards?

No point in whining about them if you are not going to do anything. Stop enabling them.

4 Likes

So will this have you make the switch to Team Red or are you going to keep giving Nvidia your money?

1 Like

Err yeah, if that matters to you.

Iā€™m sure itā€™s gonna be a huge surprise to everyone here but I still hate that company and this is just one more strike against them in my book.

So ā€¦ fuckā€™em! ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

Thanks to nVidia we now have 2 GPU choices instead of 3.

They sued 3dFX into administration.

Seems it was just an accident? When visiting the page I see:

ā€œUPDATE: By accident these links initially required a login to access. That has now been fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.ā€

3 Likes

bet the PR nightmare that this was on the verge of causing made them pull a my bad sorry.

5 Likes

Iā€™d say so.

I remember when we were trying to get Adobe to make whatever for Linux and the voting page was eaten up by the spam detecting robot.

Issue resolved. Tin foil hats away.

1 Like