Nvidia + AMD = ❤️

the new system packs a pair of AMD Epyc 7742 64-core, 128-thread CPUs, along with 1TiB of RAM, a pair of 1.9TiB NVMe SSDs in RAID1 for a boot drive, and up to four 3.8TiB PCIe4.0 NVMe drives in RAID 0 as secondary storage.

Obviously Intel is a bigger threat to Nvidia than AMD, especially with them entering the GPU business this year.
This is a good thing for AMD.

5 Likes

Not sure about that, but ok. I mean intel has bigger bank roll but 10nm / 7nm need to do something soon.

100% but they want to maximize their performance so not working with AMD on the CPU side isnt really an option. And while they deff share profits from one side to another they are decently separate, and AMD on the gpu side has a lot of ground to cover.

1 Like

With Intel entering the GPU space only stranger times are ahead… This is only the beginning of weird collaborations IMO. I’d be curious to see how Intels GPU side will behave, will they also operate with no regard to the other parts of their brand or will they only use Intel CPUs? strange times indeed curious to see how these relationships develop.

I honestly wonder why Nvidia wont make their own CPU

They don’t have a license to build x86 cpus. Also they’re probably making enough money by making sure their ML and gaming solutions are and stay superior,

Too busy going after the real money in enterprise hardware. They somewhat recently bought Mellanox.

No license also it isn’t that simple. Designing a CPU is extremely difficult. They’d be extremely far behind. It isn’t worth it. Even their ARM parts aren’t that great