Nuclear Dawn Is Really Fucking Cool

So me and my friends wanted something that was better quality than Executive Assault. Theres a lot of games like that, RTS with FPS, but none of them really do it well. Nuclear Dawn has to be one of the few games I have randomly tried that is absolutely amazing.

Precursor here is that the game is dead. The devs open sauced it to the workshop and moved on, and while the playerbase was really energetic, the game in total has been laid ruin upon. Theres only 6 servers globally and the total interest is pretty flat.

I played for almost an hour. The mechanics are super sharp, the shooting is great, its basically a mix of Planetary Annihilation, Battlefield, and Global Agenda and I think its incredibly fun. The base building is really neat and getting to the point where you can build out of your base is rather difficult to do. You capture points dotted along the massive multi-layer maps for both map control, resources, and extending your spawn area with the eventual goal of burning down the enemy spawn and forcing the opposition to surrender. The win condition is that they surrender, there are no built in conditions. You can technically run a game for years and never have to reset if you can push out of spawn.

Over all, I love it. I wish it was still a big game and hopefully the community here will pick it up and do stuff with it. It sucks because what is there is really really good, and it won't disappear off the store any time soon. People make maps (its based on the source engine), theres probably some mods for it, and I could see myself really dedicating time to it.

Oh well.

Efforts like this require some level of monetization. Either direct contribution or in-game purchasing incentives like cosmetics (or items etc). It costs money to do stuff like this.