NSA classifies Linux Journal readers, Tor and Tails Linux users as "extremists" [ARTICLE]

Well guys and gals, if we weren't on some kind of list already, we are now.

A few highlights from the article.

the agency is targeting anyone who is interested in online privacy, specifically those who use the aforementioned software and visit the Linux user community website.

Linux Journal reader = extremeist

The program marks and tracks the IP addresses of those who search for 'tails' or 'Amnesiac Incognito Live System' along with 'linux', ' USB ',' CD ', 'secure desktop', ' IRC ', 'truecrypt' or ' tor '.

GG Tor users.

2 Likes

Pretty old news, been that way for a grip.

I guess I didn't notice the date on the article, still crazy though.

So now only extremists use USB drives, CDs, and IRC? There are still an awful lot of people that will be searching for the former two. What the fuck?

Wow this article is nearly two years old.

Without being able to confirm any accuracy of the article, and without pointing fingers in any directions, but what does an extremist nations intelligence agency usually feed to the general public?

have we reached this level of extreme?

Well if any of you are actually concerned I just called the public affairs office of the NSA.

1-301-688-6524

I was directed to this site as a matter of fact.

https://www.iad.gov/iad/news/index.cfm

I'm a linux user I'm not taking this shit. If you have the right of mind and are a US citizen I'd call and start asking some fucking questions. Hell put yourself behind google voice so they can't just force your number out of T-Mobile or whatever.

Just got a warning from Fire Fox that it's a bogus insecure connection. So something's messed up there.

1 Like

Its because its a government site and there is NO HTTPS AT ALL. All the encryption is offline. I'm guessing its an experiment or a honeypot on top of a news site. Its clean.

interesting the site has not a valid cert. (they've must've made their own.)

well at least they follow their own rules where anything over 128bit is a crime.

1 Like

cringe

I'm guessing Congress wants to see what encryption actually does and the server owners want to see who tries to hack the site so they can convict them.

Also if they are making their own certs they are doing worse than a middle schooler.

Ouch. sounds about right

Yeah and apparently, terrorists do maths. http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/professors-airplane-math-equal-airplane-threat-38954097

So, if you have an IQ above 90, you're labeled as a "terrorist".

1 Like

Seriously though, call and ask "Hey what the fuck is this shit I am reading on like 8 sites?"

welcome to the age of fuck you. aka. facebook, twitter, windows 10, google, steam, fem-nazi's, gays who want gay books to be as lectures for kids, and forcing people to accept all muslims because not all are explosive, and all pervasive black people thinking they are oppressed - so they walk up to a cop with a gun and get shot.

Hey you see this bowl of sweets? 1/3 is poisoned. Have some.

You don't want? You must be racist.

5 Likes

I always go to the direct source when its an issue though. Asking questions of the people who think they are in charge and making them think is way better than starting an in-war :P

i mean i don't want to hurt your feelings, and NSA enforces that.
Now i'm on their black list.

1 Like

Ok call them.

Heres the number.

1-301-688-6524

I'm not challenging anyone but if they get a massive amount of calls on this shit then they will have to explain themselves because it will be a public thing.

they don't have any responsibility towards me, as i'm not us citizen.

• and calling them is simply asking for attention.
3 Likes